Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

Hi

I’ve just updated to 0.96 and, probably with the climate breaking changes, the buttons/icons of the operation modes are no more available.

operation_mode has been renamed to hvac_mode and some other changes were done.

Is there a beta test version compatible with 0.96?

Thanks

2 Likes

same here like woody4165,i would like to continue using this great card,is it planned to update it?thanks

icon:
    heat: 'mdi:weather-sunny'
    idle: 'mdi:power-off'
    off: 'mdi:power-off'

+1 on what woody4165 and pollinolas said, please update this great card!

/ Ralf

I hope this too, but looking at all the issues with climate 1.0, it might be better to wait some time. :wink:
Good that it’s summer!

+1 lost my modes :frowning:

hey,
sorry, read a lot and tried but cant get this to work with Evohome, not sure if im missing something?
i cant get any icons to show up?

type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
entity: climate.jamie_office
icon:
  heat: 'mdi:fire'
  'off': 'mdi:radiator-off'
modes:
  heat:
    include: true
    name: test
    icon: 'mdi:fire'
  'off': 'mdi:radiator-off'

If you are running 96.x it’s a problem for everyone at this stage

It seems if you click/tap the temperature, it will show the modes there. So is this issue down to how the card is drawn on screen?

Sooo, a lot of questions floating around here. Thanks for all the feedback and community support everyone provides!
I’ve been on vacation and tried to stay away from tech as much as possible. Slowly getting back now, so here goes answering:

When I get around to fixing up modes after the 0.96 release I will keep this (very common) request in mind.

I’m considering supporting N mode lists not just one (fan speed being a list of modes/speeds). Will see how it fits with the changes required for 0.96

Please add as much detail as possible about your setup to this issue on GH

Expecting to do a big release in a weeks+ time with better implementation for theming support

0.96 will be supported once I dust all the beach sand of me and get my brain wrapped around what landed in 0.96

10 Likes

thanks again,waiting for you

Thanks for taking time to look through the recent questions, mine among them :slight_smile: Great job on the card. I assume there will be some additional work with 0.96 out, especially that my mode buttons disappeared from the card after update :smiley:

With this crazy heat wave in France, I miss this card a lot :rofl:

are you using it with ZXT-120 / ZWave?

Hi @nervetattoo, for the simple thermostat card a PR was made to make it compatible with 0.96 (https://github.com/nervetattoo/simple-thermostat/pull/64).

Any idea when you will be able to review and merge it? This is the only thing keeping me from updating to 0.96.

Thanks again,
Ronald

@rdehuyss i’ve build the PR and zipped the .js file. It works good with 0.96x.
You can download it here if you want. https://github.com/nervetattoo/simple-thermostat/pull/64

1 Like

What’s the easiest way to upgrade if I have the latest installed via HAS? Manually replace the files and add a version # at the end of the configuration?

Personally, to avoid HACS, I would add a folder for ‘betas’ inside the www folder. Place the files there and change the resource to that. Then wait until HACS has the update. When that happens, update via HACS and then change the resource back to the HACS resource.

I cannot get the Heat/Cool/Off buttons to show with the following code, not sure what I’m doing wrong. Help appreciated

- type: 'custom:simple-thermostat' 
    entity: climate.living_room_ac
    step_size: 1
    sensors:
      - entity: sensor.east_wing_temperature
    icon:
        heat: 'mdi:weather-sunny'
        cool: 'mdi:snowflake'
        'off': 'mdi:power'
    hide:
      temperature: true
    modes:
      cool:
        name: Cool
        icon: mdi:snowflake
      heat:
        name: Heat
        icon: mdi:fire
      'Off':
        name: 'Off'
        icon: mdi:power

HA%20thermo

Anyone has this working with Ecobee3? Care to share your code? I get N/A in my temp.
I can’t see the Heat/Cool/Off buttons.

My current code:

- type: custom:simple-thermostat
            entity: climate.my_ecobee3
            step_size: 0.5
            icon:
              heat: mdi:fire
              cool: mdi:snowflake
              eco: mdi:leaf
              off: mdi:power
              auto: mdi:autorenew
              idle: mdi:power