Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

I am also getting the “Custom element does not exist…” behavior, but I am getting it on my phone as well as my laptop.

Update: adding clips from ui-lovelace.yaml

resources:
  - url: /local/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js?v=1
    type: module

- type: custom:simple-thermostat
    entity: climate.thermostat
    step_size: 1
    sensors:
      - sensor.inside_temp

Hope these help…

That’s neither a problem with the thermostat card nor with card-modder.

Cards are allowed to expect to be at least a certain width. Horizontal-stack ignores this fact.
The general rule on how to use horizontal-stack is: don’t.

2 Likes

Thanks, solved using vertical-stack…

External sensor data is underlined to indicate that its clickable to open the more info for that sensor. I’m open to removing the underline and find a better way to indicate this.
Regarding the more info popup, could you share the relevant config you’ve used? Specifically if you’ve embedded the card in other cards and how.

What might be of help is if you can open the developer toolbar/tools and check the console to see if there are any errors that can be of guidance.

Lots of them

core-fc6fc737.js:sourcemap:1 WebSocket connection to 'ws://192.168.1.10:8123/api/websocket' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
s @ core-fc6fc737.js:sourcemap:1
3:8123/frontend_latest/<redacted>.chunk.js:5783 Uncaught (in promise) /local/custom-lovelace/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js?v=0
18core-fc6fc737.js:sourcemap:1 WebSocket connection to 'ws://192.168.1.10:8123/api/websocket' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
s @ core-fc6fc737.js:sourcemap:1
<redacted>.chunk.js:sourcemap:5783 Uncaught (in promise) /local/custom-lovelace/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js?v=0

I have one Little Problem and that …

is there a way so we can change the styling to match the rest of the custom cards

Hello, thanks for your awsome card.
I would like to add it in custom_updater, i followed your installation guide and only changed the destination folder but unfortunately the card doesn’t show up in custom updater. Any ideas on what am i missing?

- url: /local/custom-lovelace/simple-thermostat.js?v=1

custom_updater:
  card_urls:
    - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nervetattoo/simple-thermostat/allow-updates/tracker.json

I also tried with this code and it doesn’t work.

- url: /local/custom-lovelace/simple-thermostat.js?v=0

How can you change the displaynames for the modes?

The modes show the options for my thermostat, which is a custom component in which I entered these.

I am getting the same issue. I noticed after upgrading to 0.85.0 but i am also getting it with 0.85.1

Other components working fine, no issues in my log

Same issue here. Was on 0.84 getting the error. I never upgraded - just started happening out of no where. I just upgraded to 0.85.1 and still get the error.

Same here.
Yesterday it was fine, today it’s broken!

My log says this:

local/custom-lovelace/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js?v=0.10.0:1:8 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token {

Have a few cards and suddely 2 stop working, this one and custom weather card (custom-ui/weather-card at master · bramkragten/custom-ui · GitHub)

For the updater, I think the https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nervetattoo/simple-thermostat/allow-updates/tracker.json is wrong, I get 404 on that url.

@eximo84

Mine was simple and stupid on my part. In

sensors:
              - entity: sensor.inside_temp
                name: Inside Temp

I forgot the entity: part and it is working fine in 0.85.1 so my error is not the same one you are facing.

@Fietspomp

As for the updater getting a 404 error, the correct path should be

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nervetattoo/simple-thermostat/master/tracker.json

But it still doesn’t show up in the lovelace card for me. This is probably due to the fact that there are no releases listed in https://github.com/nervetattoo/simple-thermostat/releases.

Same here… broken from today. Yesterday worked fine with 0.85. Today woke up broken and I tried to update to 0.85.1 as a i read previous version had problems with ‘resource’ tags on lovelace Yaml. But still does not show. Help!

I have a hypothesis… Both simple-thermostat and weather-card rely on lit-element.js. Perhaps some type of external update (browser, system, WebKit, whoknows…) broke something in lit-element.

Same issue here–it does not load the js with an uncaught Promise exception in console.

Update: It does seem like lit-element is a pretty big piece of Polymer with likely more things depending on it, so it would be odd as I don’t see any recent issues raised in the GIthub repo.

That’s almost correct.

Unpkg - a repository of javascript packages seems to be having problems currently.
Many custom cards link directly to their hosted version of the package and that’s why they all have trouble at the same time.

Home Assistant includes its own packaged version of the LitElement and some cards have already been updated to piggy-back onto that one instead.

Have patience. Some cards will be fixed, and unpkg will probably go up again soon - this isn’t the first time…

1 Like

Ah hah! Great insight. I did notice that the Custom Weather card (current version in Github) didn’t load the lit-element library from an external source when I was sleuthing around.

Yeah. That was updated about an hour ago.

That’s actually how I found out about this problem. Woke up to a bunch of emails about @iantrich supplying patches to various github projects and mentioning me…

Good job Ian!

2 Likes

Thanks. Just check my code and it’s all right but lovelace cannot find the file for some reason.