Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

Over the weekend I had some issues with Home Assistant not starting and ended up having to update in order to resolve the issues I was having. Now, however, my Simple Thermostat card is not showing properly and is completely white. I’ve made sure the module is up to date as well, but I am unable to find a solution. Any suggestions?

Not sure if related, but there’s a breaking change about themes in 0.113.x.

The theme variable paper-card-background-color is removed. You can use ha-card-background or card-background-color as a replacement.

In general, all variables that start with paper will be removed at some point.

1 Like

Thank you! That appears to have resolved my issue!

Hi. I’m having trouble seeing the up/down arows. They are there and they work, but not visible.
It’s probably the theme, but what style should I change?

Any clue how can I change each operation’s icon color with card-mod? I would like one icon color for heat and another one for cool.
Thanks

This is what I’m using. I have some other styles on the card, but this is the part that changes the active button states.

.mode-item:nth-child(1).active {
  background: #575d66 !important;
}
.mode-item:nth-child(2).active {
  background: #ff4433 !important;
}
.mode-item:nth-child(3).active {
  background: #34cfeb !important;
}
.mode-item:nth-child(4).active {
  background: linear-gradient(135deg, rgba(0,206,255,1) 15%, rgb(203 115 237) 50%, rgba(255,68,51,1) 85%) !important;
}

active states

only AC on

4 Likes

How are you guys having lovelace to show the heat and ac icons together? Do we need to first enable it both in climate file? This is my climate file and lovelace only shows the power, ac, buttons.

climate.yaml

- platform: generic_thermostat
    name: Ac Lr Unit
    heater: switch.ac_lr_unit
    target_sensor: sensor.livingroom_temperature
    initial_hvac_mode: "off"
    ac_mode: true
    min_temp: 0
    max_temp: 28
    target_temp: 25

I have the same issue. I’m on the latest version and have tried multiple themes. If you click on the card, the arrows show fine there. Just the dashboard card is missing. Haven’t found any workaround still.

thanks for this card :slight_smile:

is it possible to make a sensor clickable ?

Is it possible to delete only one operation/mode like in photo ? Schermata 19-10-2020 14.50.49

Hi all , i would ask if there is a way to do some changes to the card as per below example
moving arrows on sides , move the buttons up and round their corner & cancel the main title to move the whole card up.
thanks

How to do both of those are well covered in the documentation. Moving the mode buttons is not possible without perhaps hacking up something crazy with card-mod and custom CSS

Thanks, i might have missed where.
I assumed was css… i will play a bit, i assume css to round corners of the mode button too…

getting there…

Done , thanks , very nice card

1 Like

Sorry , i only need one hint , may i hide the preset buttons ?
i noticed when i power on , they come back if i put _Hide_when_off option
i also noticed that including tehcard in custom:button-card is not working on mobile.
Is there a way to give the card a aspect_ratio
Thanks.

@esbenr @duceduc - I am having same problem.

@nervetattoo , Hi , I been using this for months, then I upgraded to latest home assistant 0.116.4 and now the step icons are missing. I used to have them , the + and the - on a row layout. I have not changed the cards or lovelace config whatsoever - they have just vanished.

here is my (was working) config (unchanged) :-

- type: custom:simple-thermostat
        entity: climate.lounge
        name: lounge
        step_size: 1
        decimals: 0
        step_layout: row
        control:
          hvac:
            some_mode: false
            another_mode: false
            'off':
              name: Disable
              icon: false
            'on':
              name: false
              icon: mdi:whitewalker

I am using standard theme, no additional customisation/cards and have not changed the integrations or any of my .yaml config files. Nothing.

Great work - was - but no longer works ?

I’ve never got the thermostat setup to work. I am now using tom_1 sample

Hello,
is it possible to disable +/- controls when in certain modes? Eg. for “Away” preset I have fixed temp of 15*C, so +/- controls are little bit confusing. I’d like to have ability to modify target temperature only when in Manual mode.

simple thermostat

1 Like

Nope. You can probably hack it to use two different configurations with the state-switch card. Would be a lot of config but should be possible with the template support in state-switch to inspect the attributes of the climate entity.

Hey @Petrica,
I have been going crazy trying to change the unit. How did you get the main control to show %? I am also using this as a hygrostat but am still stuck with F after hours of trying.

Hi @chowbruh,

I’d suggest following the topic regarding native implementation of humidifiers/dehumidifiers as what I’ve done was buggy at least without a proper backend device (and eventually stopped working around 0.114 update).