Lovelace: Simple Weather Card

Wow, that was quick! Thanks for this!

1 Like

Great card! Looks marvelous!

What would be the way to go to add a second card with the forecast for tomorow? (Using darksky)

Thanks, cool setup you got there.

Not possible right now, at least not using this card, I’ll probably add an option to display the forecast in the future though.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! That would be awesome!

I’m trying to use it with dark-sky, followed the instructions but it doesn’t show, nor does any error message? :slight_smile: How can I debug it not displaying?

Just tried with darksky, should work, did you update to the latest release? v0.3.0

Check in the browser developer console for errors otherwise.

Nice work on the latest version. Shame that the Australian BOM shows so little info. The card doesn’t look good.

I’ve gone back to dark-sky, but have an issue from before 0.3.0. The min/max temp only shows the first value. Is there something I’m missing? I click on the card to get the more-info popup and it has a tonne of info in there, it just wont read anything else.

I dont see anything obvious
I do use dark-sky-weather card also
are they conflicting each other?

it works for me with Dark Sky top right corner on the image

2 Likes

Well, dark sky doesn’t expose a min temp so that’s why.
What do you mean with - it just wont read anything else ?

Did you check the browser dev console for errors?

Well, that explains that then. What I mean by not reading anything else, the forecast temp I’m getting is the first one on the list. So it’s 9:30am here, it’s showing the temp for 9am, not the max for the day which is at 12pm.

Oh, I see.
The structure of the different weather platforms seem to differ a lot unfortunately, some weather platforms expose the forecast in days, and some in hours, and some not at all. Their other exposed attributes are also vastly different.

I find this kinda strange, I thought they would have a more unified structure, similar to the media_player domain.

Same issue with the BOM weather component here in Australia. I too have switched over to DarkSky for now. It would be great if we can push data into this component using sensor values instead of the weather component.

I did check the browser console, don’t see any errors related to the 
bundle.js amm but I do see that the “code” is formated just in one line when it loads it? Is that a problem maybe?

No, that’s on purpose, the bundle is minified to reduce load times.

Well it should, I believe it is being worked on in architecture

1 Like

Love this card! I have no idea how to use javascript, was hoping to modify this to show sensor.time in larger font on a line just above the current temperature. Any ideas how to do this?

Is there a way to customise this so it uses MDI icons rather than the ones provided in the bundle? I can see the icon images in the src files, just not sure how I use these files

I’m thinking about combining my Sun Elevation card with the Simple Weather Card and replacing the Humidity with that information. Does the Weather Card inherit the unit of Measurement in a sensor or is that something I won’t be able to change?

Or even better, is it possible to place this information in next to the Humidity without having to remove anything? There’s definitely some space there to use and I would love to consolidate space if possible.

The unit of measurement for humidity is unfortunately hardcoded to %, precipitation & wind_speed units are based on what’s set in your global hass config “imperial/metric”.

What we possibly could do in the future is to add another parameter called custom or similar to the secondary_info option. That way you could basically put any sensor info you’d want over there and it could use the sensors unit of measurement. What do you think?