Lovelace Soft UI - Simple and Clean Lovelace Configuration

It’s Simple weather card

Okay, thank you! I found a style configuration, that I was looking for, a few posts ago

Nice job @N-l1
I’m testing this card configuration, but I’m having some problems when I edit the cards. It seems that the browser is constantly reloading and I have this error in the log:

Client exceeded max pending messages [2]: 512

Does anyone have this kind of problems?
Thanks

Thanks @Joca, :grinning:

I’m not getting any error in my log. Do you have any other custom cards? Found something similar on GitHub…

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/23938

Thanks.
I installed hacs and custom cards for the first time.

I have these cards installed:

There must be some problem with installing the cards. I tried to add just one card and I couldn’t.

Yes I do.
Please add your experience to the GitHub referenced above. It is getting some attention but the more reports the more likely there will be a fix.

Ok.

I found another similar report on GitHub:

1 Like

Hello !

I also have the problem with the websockets and will also add my report on Github as well.

However I have another problem with this theme: when the HA theme is switching from light to dark, the templates that compute the shadows does not trigger instantly and for some minutes (like half an hour sometimes), I have this kind of things…

Do somebody have the same problems and/or know how to solve it ?
Thank you !

I have the same problem as well, the shadows don’t switch instantly. I was wondering if the styling template only updates at a certain interval :thinking: But Wow, 30 minutes is a long time. Mine goes for only 2/3 minutes which doesn’t bother me so much. Would love to hear other’s thoughts as well…

I noticed the same. I also noticed the shadows are flickering.

If you’re using button card for this setup, I advise you to check the documents. There has been some major changes as to how the card is being updated.

Changed with release 3.3.1 > https://github.com/custom-cards/button-card/releases

Not sure if this is the case (I don’t use your stying myself) but might be worth to check it :wink:

No it’s not only on the custom button card, it’s on every card where we are using card-mod to put some styling. The template to change the shadows is a Jinja template from HA.

I’ll try a workaround today to see if it’s working : creating a template sensor with the shadow template and in the entity field used for the update “sun.sun”. Then in Lovelace using the state of this new sensor in every card. I think it could do the job !

1 Like

I don’t use your theme but my setup is based on similar neomorphism styling on buttons and other elements, I change the shadow colours by adding them as custom lines to the theme then reference in the card-mod styles, colours change instantly with the theme, hope this helps.

style: |
                ha-card {
                   border-radius: 20px;
                   box-shadow: -8px -8px 8px 0 var(--box-shadow-top),8px 8px 8px 0 var(--box-shadow-bottom);
                }
1 Like

Hi @N-l1

Thanks for this card.

So I followed your readme for the remote pop-up card and copied your code and altered it to mine. However when I long press my switch.tv entity which I have set it to pop up the remove pop up card, I dont see the pop.

Can you help please?

@Frixx, @BradAU Those are all great ideas! Can’t wait to try them :grinning:

Hi @bachoo786,

Just tested it and mine still works. Make sure you have browser-mod installed, and also make sure you have setup the button card to more-info when hold:

hold_action:
  action: more-info

where do I add this? this was a little confusing

Just add it inside the button card of your TV entity :smiley:

For example:

- entity: light.family_room_lamp
        icon: 'mdi:lamp'
        show_icon: true
        show_name: false
        state:
          - styles:
              icon:
                - color: 'var(--paper-item-icon-active-color)  '
            value: 'on'
        style: |
          ha-card {
            box-shadow: 
              {% if is_state('sun.sun', 'above_horizon') and is_state('light.family_room_lamp', 'on') %}
                inset -4px -4px 8px 0 rgba(255,255,255,.5), inset 4px 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.03);
              {% elif is_state('sun.sun', 'above_horizon') and is_state('light.family_room_lamp', 'off') %}                      
                -8px -8px 8px 0 rgba(255,255,255,.5),8px 8px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.03);
              {% elif is_state('sun.sun', 'below_horizon') and is_state('light.family_room_lamp', 'on') %}                      
                inset -4px -4px 10px 0 rgba(50, 50, 50,.5), inset 4px 4px 12px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.3); 
              {% elif is_state('sun.sun', 'below_horizon') and is_state('light.family_room_lamp', 'off') %}   
                -5px -5px 8px 0 rgba(50, 50, 50,.5),5px 5px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15);
              {% endif %}                        
          }
        styles:
          card:
            - width: 60px
            - height: 60px
            - border-radius: 15px
            - background-color: var(--primary-background-color)
          icon:
            - color: var(--primary-text-color)
        tap_action:
          action: toggle
          haptic: light
##### You should add it here ####
        hold_action:
        type: 'custom:button-card'

I created a button card for my TV. And have put the hold action there but it doesn’t work for me. Here is me trying to access the remote card. Screen-Recording-20200501-154520 (1)

I see. Please make sure you have browser-mod installed, and the popup code is inside the raw configuration.

I have installed browser-mod and the popup code in my raw configuration.

Are you saying to add

hold_action:
        type: 'custom:button-card'

in my raw configuration in the code you provided i.e. where my switch.tv entity is?