Lovelace thermostat type control for input_number entity?

I am trying to find a lovelace card that implements the circular type of slider control that you find in the thermostat card, but for an input_number entity (to use instead of the traditional slider. Does such a thing exist? My 10 minutes of googling say no, but I’m sure somebody on here would know for sure.

2 Likes

create a custom humidifier entity that is used by the humidifier integration and cards. - create a custom lovelace card that can just use input_number variables no motion is detected, “away” type automations being executed while not moving…

WalgreensListens Survey

Bumping this thread to see if anything has changed in the last year. My particular use for this is to use it as a volume control for my receiver.

I have an input_number that translates the floating point volume value of my receiver (as it appears on the media_player entity – from 0 to 1) to the actual number that appears on the receiver’s display (from -80 to +20 dB). I control my receivers volume with this input_number but it’s cumbersome because in Lovelace, the scale of the slider doesn’t allow me to easily go one number at a time – the game range is just too large. Having the larger, circular-type control would be just what I need.

Edit: swipe-texting error.

OMG I would love sonething other than the input slider for my receivers. I’ve been searching as well…

I’ve even worked up a hacky solution based on a template light and using the “brightness” to control the volume, but my biggest problem is that it works on a percentage (0 - 100) rather than the actual value of the receiver’s volume. I want something where you can define the range and the step value (like an input_number) but still be able to use the circular control.

It’s been more than a year for a second time now, so I’ll try this again. Has anyone implemented or heard of such a card (see original post)?

1 Like

Let me know if you find anything. I’ve been wondering the same. I have written some automation for TRVs that are not supported in HA and the way I control the temperature today is via input_number helpers. However, I would really love to use something like simple-thermostat, etc to control the value of the input_number().

So… ChatGPT to the rescue. I´ve been working on a custom card, that handles this function for weeks now. And this is what i´ve so far.

The card displays the current value of the input_number and updates immediately.
For context, there’s a stack-in card above the custom card showing the changes.

You can drag and slide the value of the helper, change the label, set the StepSize (increments), change number of steps (30*10=300), and also add an automation that is toggled on/off when pressed in on the circle, signaled by a green/grey background.

I want to add that i´ve no experience with javascript before, i have some for HTML and CSS but its still very limited and the implementation i´ve added is probably super dodgy. But, ChatGPT have made it function without issues.

Is there any other features that would be handy for this card?
Or other design features that may be good.

helper