šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Hello and thank you for sharing your custom card. Iā€™m new to all this of the home assistant and home automation. I would like to know how did you get the following:

1.     ulm_custom_washer_grid_machine_state: switch.washer
2.     ulm_custom_washer_grid_job_state: sensor.washer_job_state
3.     ulm_custom_washer_grid_completion_timestamp: sensor.washer_remaining_time
1.   is this the plug I'm using to power the washing machine? I have a sonoff s31 switch will this work?
2.  this one I don't know where to get it from.
3.  this one is the sensor template to calculate the time. 

Am I correct on number 1 and 3? Thank you for your time and help.

Thanks for your reply! I initially tried via HACS with no success.

I had that in my configuration.yaml but it didnā€™t work

I put it again and it still does not work.

Hereā€™s how it looks

lovelace:
  mode: storage
  resources:
    - url: /hacsfiles/button-card/button-card.js
      type: module
  dashboards:
    lovelace-minimalist:
      mode: yaml
      title: lovelace-minimalist
      icon: mdi:monitor-dashboard 
      show_in_sidebar: true 
      filename: lovelace-minimalist.yaml

Why do i keep getting ā€˜undefinedā€™ when I use the ā€˜Power Outlet Cardā€™ card?

- type: horizontal-stack
        cards:
          - type: custom:button-card
            template: edge
          - type: 'custom:button-card'
            template: card_power_outlet
            variables:
              ulm_card_power_outlet_consumption_sensor: sensor.metered_wall_plug_switch_power
            entity: switch.woonkamer_socket
            name: Power Outlet Livingroom
          - type: custom:button-card
            template: edge

The state of the switch is on.

If youā€™re in storage mode, it means youā€™re using the UI to edit lovelace, which means the resources needs to go into the resources section, not the configuration.yaml. I assume you donā€™t have a ui-lovelave.yaml file that you add the yaml to for your lovelace then, correct?

Hacs should add the resource when you installed the custom card, but if it didnā€™t you can add it yourself. Is hacs asking to restart or anything? Typically youā€™ll need to restart HA after installing a custom card. Iā€™d recommend trying the following:

1. Make sure there is a folder and a .js file in that folder in the config/www/community/ for button card. If its not setup like that, hacs didnā€™t install it properly.
  2. Make sure there is a resource added for this under configuration - lovelace - resources. If itā€™s not there then lovelace wonā€™t be able to find/use it.
  3. Remove the resources yaml code from your configuration.yaml and your lovelace dashboardā€™s yaml code. If you are in storage mode (modifying lovelave via the UI and raw editor) you donā€™t need to add it to either location.
  4. Resart HA to get everything to reload/refresh.
  5. Open your dashboard, click the three vertical dots in the top right menu and reload the resources.

I think you havenā€™t added the language file EN.yaml (if you are using english). You should have EN.yaml inside the same folder as button_card_templates.yaml

If you are using any other language:
Installation of non-english languages

Thanks for the reply! Yes I do have that file with the correct strings.

@DrHouseIOT

The card is made for the Samsung washer. Therefore there might be some sensors that you will not be able to reproduce when using this card with a power plug.

1. This is the sensor to determine whether the washer is on or off.
  2. The washer integration provides a job_state sensor. This sensor lets HA know what the washer is doing. E.g.: weighing, washing, spinning, drying. You will not have this sensor when using the power plug.
  3. The washer also provides a sensor for when the washer thinks he will be done. You can create your own sensor here based on the start time of your washer and the average runtime or something.

I hope this helps to clarify your questions :wink:

1 Like

@msmits2011

Okey, 2 more things that could go wrong then:

1. Is the EN.yaml included in your lovelace configuration? How did you import the theme?
  2. Do you have a uml_on property in your EN.yaml?
1 Like

It seems your problem happens because of custom_card_schumijo_flower. You can try and delete the folder and see if it helps. It seems the language files in this custom card overrides the default language file (minimalist-templates/EN.yaml)

2 Likes

Yes! That was it! Thanks! :grinning:

Iā€™ve been tinkering a bit with the ā€œcustom_card_tpx01_aircondition_with_buttonsā€.
I have a sensor set up that tells me which mode itā€™s in. High, normal or away. Itā€™s called sensor.vtr_status
I wanted to output this sensor to the label on the card. I tried this:

label: >-
    [[[
        return states('sensor.vtr_status') ;
    ]]]

minimalist_climate

But that just removed the icon and label all together.

hey guys,

need to say that this theme looks damn awesome for phones. just found it and setting it up right now.
got a problem tho: what is the best button to use for scenes? so just a simple button that i press to call the scene.

also, is it possible to set up a button so it only uses half the screen? for example i use the person-button that uses the full width of my screen, but iĀ“d like to have it smaller (like having a second invisible button-card next to it)

Very nice @tombo12354 ! Added it right away to my setup :slight_smile:

Made a slight change tho, my alarm is set to give me about 30 seconds to leave the house when the alarm is enabled. Therefore the state will be ā€˜armingā€™ for about 30 seconds. In your template, this gives me a ā€˜unknownā€™ state for that amount of time.

So I added the arming state, changed the armed to armed_home and added the armed_away state.

For anyone that is interested, here is the template code.

chips_alarm:
  template:
    - chips
    - chips_icon_label  
  label: |
    [[[
      var alarm_label = 'unknown';
      if (entity.state == 'armed_home'){
        var alarm_label = 'Armed Home';
      } else if(entity.state == 'disarmed'){
        var alarm_label = 'Disarmed';
      } else if (entity.state == 'arming'){
        var alarm_label = 'Arming'
      } else if (entity.state == 'armed_away'){
        var alarm_label = 'Armed Away'
      }
      return alarm_label;
    ]]]
  icon: |
    [[[
      var alarm_icon = 'mdi:shield-outline';
        var alarm_icon = 'mdi:shield-home';
        var alarm_icon = 'mdi:shield';
      } else if (entity.state == 'arming'){
        var alarm_icon = 'mdi:shield-sync'
      } else if (entity.state == 'armed_away'){
        var alarm_icon = 'mdi:shield-key'
      }      
      return alarm_icon;
    ]]]
  styles:
    icon:
      - color: |
          [[[
            var alarm_color = 'yellow';
              var alarm_color = 'orange';
              var alarm_color = 'green';
            } else if(entity.state == 'armed_away'){
              var alarm_color = 'red';
            }
            return alarm_color;
          ]]]
1 Like

@bms

Thanks, for your explanation.

That did it! YOU ROCK!!!

Anyone know why my chip icons are not colored?

Edit: It seems that itā€™s Chrome, works fine on my iPhoneā€¦

1 Like

Of course thatā€™s possible. Take a look at the native grid card from home assistant. If you want 50%, you will need 2 columns but thats pretty obvious :smiley:

1 Like

Any of the cards in this template can do this, but itā€™s maybe best to use the most simple one: generic card. Then you can add a tap_action to get the desired result:

- type: 'custom:button-card'
  template: card_generic
  entity: scene.your_scene # <- replace this
  name: "Some text you want to display" 
  label: "Bottom text you want to display"
  tap_action:
    action: call-service
    service: scene.turn_on
    service_data:
      entity_id: scene.your_scene # <- replace this
1 Like

getting the same error with icon_info_bg not sure what it isā€¦

Whats going on with the thermostat custom card? Itā€™s not working for me and if i check the config it have a light.qubino inside? Can anyone explain why itā€™s not working and why itā€™s in French. :smiley: