Lovelace: Upcoming Media Card

Does the default HA radarr component work?
What do you see when going to the URL for radarrs API?

How can I check?

To check radarr’s API just follow the steps on the bottom of the troubleshooting guide.

To add the default Radarr component see here:

All this tells me is that the card doesn’t see the correct data from the component. If the component shows an error, please include that as well.

Thanks. I may not have monitored conditions configured…

Erros: http://192.168.1.214:8123/local/custom-lovelace/upcoming-media-card/upcoming-media-card.js?v=0.1.2:19:11 TypeError: json[0] is undefined

I added the following, and it says its “online” in /states nonlovelace

- platform: radarr
  api_key: 
  host: 192.168.1.1xx
  port: 8310
  ssl: false
  monitored_conditions:
    - upcoming
  days: 730

and 0 for upcoming movies, i have two movies in my radarr wanting queue

- platform: radarr_upcoming_media
  api_key: 
  host: 192.168.1.1xx
  port: 8310
  days: 120
  ssl: false
  theaters: true
  max: 730  

43%20PM

You’ve got that backwards. radarr_upcoming_media is reporting online. the default HA radarr component is reporting no upcoming movies. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with your radarr configuration, nothing to do with home assistant.

I apologize if this sounds rude, but I have asked many times now…what does radarr’s API show when you go to the API URL? I have a feeling that it is empty as well.

Quick update on @david1’s issue in case it happens to others:

Even though he copied from github raw he was still having issues. Once he downloaded the file from github everything worked correctly.

Can someone clarify what exactly the indicator flag denotes? Does it denote that said show is now available? Does it denote that the show will be available soon? I’ve read the docs but still don’t quite understand the exact meaning.

EDIT: I’m specifically referring to the flag value listed under Main Config

Depends on the component. For radarr and sonarr it indicates that the file has downloaded, for plex it is if the item is unwatched.

1 Like

Excellent, thank you for clarifying that.

One follow up question - I’d like to change the indicator icon but I suspect my yaml is incorrect because I’m not seeing any change in the UI. Am I doing something wrong in this code?

- title: TV #Lovelace 1
    icon: mdi:television-box
    cards:
      - type: custom:upcoming-media-card
        entity: sensor.sonarr_upcoming_media
        title: Upcoming TV
        service: sonarr
        image_style: fanart
        clock: 12
        max: 20
        style:
          - icon: mdi:thumb-up-outline

Remove style:

cards:
        icon: mdi:thumb-up-outline

Excellent! Thanks again!

Great work, by the way. I wish I had your talents.

Small side note - I noticed that the flag icon doesn’t quite render correctly on mobile browsers (Chrome and Safari on iOS). Not a major issue but figured I’d mention it. As you can see, the icon is right justified for some reason.

1 Like

Oh, good find. Will get that sorted as soon as I can. Should be an easy fix.

I don’t see that with Sonarr or Radar - they display perfectly on iOS app and chrome…

Seems its dependent on screen size, if I go to a lower resolution I see it as well.

It is fine on my iPhone 7+…

If it helps, this was on an iPhone 7 using the Sonarr Upcoming Media component. I’m not modifying this card via outside methods (i.e. card-modder).

cards:
        line2_color: '#ff0000'
        line2_size: medium

Finally got around to cleaning up my custom component for Kodi recently added tv/movies to feed to the Upcoming Media Card. If anyone wants to give it a try, let me know if you encounter any issues with code or documentation. https://github.com/custom-components/sensor.kodi_recently_added

1 Like