Lovelace: Upcoming Media Card

localhost:3435 then I sign in and I’m good to go. Do you think if I change it back to 7878 it’ll help. I’ll try anything at this point

is localhost also the machine running home assistant? The port shouldn’t matter… I use a non standard port for sonarr. Have you tried the actual ip address:3435?

Radarr is on a PC and Ha (hassio) is on a raspberry pi. I’ve used localhost, 127.0.0.1, and the IP address to the machine radarr is on (all with the port in the config file)

ok you can’t use the localhost on the pi to talk to radarr on the pc. You have to use the ipaddress of the pc:3435

1 Like

I think I wasn’t clear. I only used the pc addresses in all 3 instances

Maybe I wasn’t clear… you cannot use localhost in hassio config to talk to radarr unless it is running on the Pi.

1 Like

Oh I see I misunderstood you. Sorry about that! What ip should I try exactly though?

The IP of your PC… that is running sonarr… so the IP of your PC. (It is only localhost when you are on your PC… Hassio sees localhost as the IP of the RPi it is running on)

1 Like

I’ve tried that when I entered the the 3 different combos and it didn’t work. It was the 1st one I tried. This is odd.

if you use the IP of your PC:port on your computer do you see the radarr page?

1 Like

indeed I do, I tried that earlier and signed right in

and if you do the same in the hass.io config with the same ip address and port it doesn’t work?
If you go into ssh and ping the ip address does it respond?

1 Like

Please take a look through the troubleshooting document linked in the readme. Check that the default HA Radarr component works. Check if you’re able to connect to the Radarr API directly. Come back if you’re still having issues and report what you’ve found.

1 Like

Select “configure ui” on the overflow menu in lovelace (top right) and then select “raw config editor” (in the same menu after selecting “configure ui”) you will then be able to edit what is essentially your “ui-lovelace.yaml”. Follow the instructions from there.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I got a little further with your help.
so what I did was to add this to the raw config like you suggested:

- badges: []
    cards:
      - entities:
          - entity: sensor.sonarr_upcoming_media
        type: 'custom:upcoming-media-card'
    icon: 'mdi:alien'
    title: test

Then I created a folder in the same location where my configuration.yaml named it custom-lovelace\upcoming-media-card and put the upcoming-media-card.js file there, as well as put the sonarr upcoming media things in my configuration.yaml file.
Then after saving and rebooting i get this error on the page supposed to show the upcoming media card.

Custom element doesn't exist: upcoming-media-card.
{
  "entities": [
    {
      "entity": "sensor.sonarr_upcoming_media"
    }
  ],
  "type": "custom:upcoming-media-card"
}

any inputs where I went wrong ?

Kind regards
DigiNorse

You’re almost there. Make a folder named www in your config directory and put the custom-lovelace folder in there, so /www/custom-lovelace/upcoming-media-card/. At the very top of your raw config youll need a resources section like this.

resources:
- url: /local/custom-lovelace/upcoming-media-card/upcoming-media-card.js
  type: js

Since it’s the first time you’re using the /www/ folder you will need to restart, but after that a restart is not required to update lovelace.

The code for the card is slightly different than what you have there as well, should be:

cards:
    - type: custom:upcoming-media-card
      entity: sensor.sonarr_upcoming_media
1 Like

ping sends back 100% packet loss. The plex one works fine same machine same ip

This doesn’t make any sense… if it’s the same machine/ip, then you are pinging the same ip address from the same machine… it’s impossible to get a different result. (in fact it’s only a different port number for plex and sonarr and you don’t specify a port in a ping)

Did you follow Mayker’s advice to look at his troubleshooting?

It appears you have something misconfigured networkwise most probably… it’s not a problem with this card anyway.

Thanks for all the good help. I got both the sonarr and radarr working, no way in hell the plex would work, but that is ok, have other things I want to implement before I bang on plex more. However, my cards look a little different than the ones in the example.

Any ideas ?

Depends on what you mean. The look has evolved a bit since the readme’s screenshots were taken. There are 2 different views you can choose from, you’re using poster view (default). There are no headers in your screenshot, but that’s something you can add. Increase the radarr component’s time range if you want to see more movies in there. Check out the readme for all the different options, there are quite a few of them.