Low battery level detection & notification for all battery sensors

You’ll be able to create automations to both of those things with some new stuff coming in V2 in a few weeks.

1 Like

Hey.
Great blueprint :slight_smile:
Love it.

But i have Battery type for my devices in attributes, i added that with customize-glob.

Is there away to add that info in the message?

oooh. This is exciting, Thank you!
And yes, are you referring to mostly Z-Wave devices that have the binary sensor for “low battery” ?

I love it! This new version of Battery Notes replaced most automations, blueprints and convoluted lovelace cards in my setups :slight_smile:

How did you add the batteries as secondary info? Got battery notes installed.

2 Likes

Honestly I have not studied your code yet, but is it possible to notify which one is the low battery?

Hi,
I have created an automation using this blueprint quite a while ago. I am now getting an error for the automation as one of the device to be notified no longer valid due to an intentional change on the device. Hence I am trying to update or delete the automation but I am not able to edit the automation in the GUI nor find the automation in yaml.

I have the following lines in my configuration.yaml.
automation manual: !include_dir_merge_list automations/
automation ui: !include automations.yaml

I went through automations.yaml and the yaml files in automations/ but the automation is not listed. Any idea where it is stored ?
Thanks,

This blueprint would be stored in a file in config/blueprints/automation/SgtBatten

To be generic blueprints are installed at config/blueprints/<blueprint_type>/<author>/<blueprint> in this cause blueprint_type is automation

Hi @Patrick1610 , maybe this blueprint does what you need?

Have you checked in the UI?
For a while now, automations are created changed in the UI. Configuration - Automation

Thanks for sharing!

@Sbyx Thanks for this awesome blueprint! I just set it up and it was a piece of cake.

These are brilliant, thanks!

Feature request

I like the blueprint, but the reason why I cannot fully use it for my battery powered devices is because I have devices which does not show the battery status in percentage but with an entity “battery_low” = true entity.

Would be great if the blueprint would also cover battery_low entities.

This works well thanks. I think it should also check for unavailable too in case battery has aleardy died.

Just use the Battery Notes integration and monitor the battery low entities with a template.

I’d second the Battery Notes suggestion. This thread is full with great lovelace configs:

And here are some automations you might find useful:
https://andrew-codechimp.github.io/HA-Battery-Notes/community/

1 Like

I forked this blueprint and updated it so now you can use labels, areas, and devices in the “Excluded Sensors” input.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

I wrote a little blog post about the fix Home Assistant: using target in blueprints - Evan Moses

3 Likes

AH YEAH! This seems to work really well and should be merged.