Lumi vibration - Battery

just a generic question. I was giving this as a Christmas present and I set it all up and running in my environment, but when I check on it, I see that it is draining out of power very quickie. the only sensors I am running on it - is the battery monitor and the vibration sensor.

The battery will drain quickly if there is too much RF interference noise and if reception is poor due to having too few Zigbee Router devices to properly extend the Zigbee network mesh, so make sure to read and follow the tips here → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference and optimize for getting better range + coverage

Zigbee network depends heavily on its mesh networking technology so you should never have a Zigbee setup without having a few always-on Zigbee Router devices.

Just to clearify, all Zigbee radios and are very susceptible to interference from strong or close sources of EMF (electromagnetic fields) + have relatively poor range and building material penetration (i.e. bad non-line-of-sight propagation), so you should follow the advice in that guide and take some basic actions to avoid EMF interference by connecting the Zigbee Coordinator USB adapter via a long USB extension cable (preferably one with good shielding) as well as connecting it to a USB 2.0 port or a USB 2.0 hub (and not a USB 3.0 port/hub).

Then before adding any Zigbee End Devices (i.e. non-routers like for example battery-operated Zigbee devices)make sure that you start by adding many mains-powered Zigbee Router devices (to extend the range and coverage of your Zigbee network mesh).