Lutron Bridge

So far I have 9 Dimmable Switches and 1 Relay.
Yes, they all work, even better, now that I can tell Alexa, Dim living room lights to 50%, 30%, etc…
I also have a FortrezZ MIMOlite wired to my work van alarm remote, and I can tell Alexa, Turn on Van.

Awesome! Thanks again for reporting back!

The sad part about this, is that I got my pro hub yesterday

Ahh man sorry about the timing.

No worries, I’m so happy for this component you have no idea.
I was literally doing back flips when I restarted HASS after the upgrade and saw my devices show up.

2 Likes

Any way for the component to be configured to discover devices as switches, instead of lights?

The code currently only supports 3 devices. wall dimmer, plugin dimmer, and wall switch. Wall dimmer and plugin dimmer are set up as lights in HA. wall switch is set up as a switch in HA. Is this what you are seeing?

Yes, my caseta wall dimmers show up as lights

I’m curious to find out if the Pro Hub or Non pro Hub could be used in a similar system as Lutron.
We also have a lighting system that also requires a telnet connection. We have a HA running on a Pi3 and want to be able to send text commands IE (btn 486) that are being sent from IFTTT Maker webhook to the HA and onto the HUB and then to the Lighting Controller.
Also would this provide the data coming back from the Lighting controller to be sent to IFTTT?
Sorry for being behind the curve on this as we don’t want to head down the wrong road.
Thanks,…

Hey, Any idea what may be causing the following error?

2017-08-10 15:28:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component lutron_caseta
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 194, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 54, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lutron_caseta.py”, line 38, in setup
hostname=config[CONF_HOST]
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 32, in init
self._login_ssh()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 171, in _login_ssh
username=ssh_user, pkey=ssh_key)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/paramiko/client.py”, line 329, in connect
raise NoValidConnectionsError(errors)
paramiko.ssh_exception.NoValidConnectionsError: [Errno None] Unable to connect to port 22 on [lutron IP]

As the error says? “Unable to connect to [lutron IP]”. Assuming you have redacted the IP otherwise you might have a configuration error. You should be able to connect to the main repeater using any standard telnet client like PuTTY and verify you are using the correct IP.