Lutron Configuration in 0.37

@scottjgibson Thank you so much for your work on this! Been waiting to finally move my Caseta switches off of my Wink hub and have them controlled locally. I bought a SmartBridge Pro and got it all setup yesterday. So far, it’s running great.

One thing I wanted to mention though, on my setup, I placed caseta_config.json in the same directory as my configuration.json, but I kept getting errors that the file was not found. I was able to make it work once I put the full path to the file in the config.

So I’ve been working on getting the pico remotes to work. So far I have the config file parsing working and binary sensors created for each button. pylutron is updated and handles the button updates, but I can’t get home assistant’s representation of the buttons to update. If any dev’s have some time to take a look it would be really appreciated.

Can someone tell me how to install this into my current installation of Home Assistant?

Just upgrade HA to the latest version and add the following to your config.

lutron_caseta:
    host: bridge_ip_address

Oh, I didn’t see that was implemented…

It was actually someone else’s implementation of this same thing that ended up getting pulled into the official release. Also, it was oddly never mentioned in the release notes.

That explains it. I thought Lutron would have been a huge announcement. It gets rid of the use for a Wink hub.

I agree! That was the final piece I needed to finally move away from Wink. Love having everything be completely local.