Lutron Integration: 2021.2 core integration vs. custom lutron-caseta-pro?

Playing around with long-presses is on my list of things to do with the Pico remotes, particularly to implement continuous dimming/brightening when those buttons are pressed, similar to the Lutron wall dimmers’ functionality. The triggers you mentioned sound like a similar application.

I think it could be done by having an automation detect a button press, waiting a moment (configurable delay), and then taking other actions if the button release event hasn’t been detected.

Something like:

Trigger on button press or release:

If press:

1. Call service
  2. Wait 0.5s
  3. Repeat until interrupted

If release:

1. Do nothing

If the automation is configured to restart when triggered with an instance already running, the above should give the desired effect.

This is a fork of the Pro custom integration that adds, long press, double click and even key sequences

I’ve only really used it for double click, and it’s worked flawlessly

Thank you!! Any chance of getting this into the main code?

1 Like

A quick question. Do both the core integration and the custom component require you to use the Lutron app to add devices? I just purchased the Smart Bridge Pro 2 and am looking to start adding switches to the core integration, but I don’t see a way to do this. I’m hoping that I won’t need to download the app, so I have additional assurances that all of my info stays local.

Thanks,
Dave

Yes, you need to use the Lutron app on your phone to pair each dimmer, switch, fan controller, Pico remote, etc. with the SmartBridge first.

Thanks, ogiewon! The information is much appreciated. I will likely delete the app once I’ve got these programmed and in Home Assistant.

Interesting point about not reporting state until the fade in/out has completed. Hadn’t thought about that.. .

1 Like

I wanna try this, would you be able to advice how to create the “wait .5 sec” and check if no release?

Just noticed this now (a year later) :slight_smile:

This script still works with custom config as long as you change the constants to the below.

BUTTON_ON    = 2
BUTTON_FAV   = 3
BUTTON_OFF   = 4
BUTTON_RAISE = 5
BUTTON_LOWER = 6

The other change you need in your automation is to add a trigger for each button (as opposed to the old way, you have a single trigger).

Hi,

Just wondering if we can pickup button press events from the hardwired dimmers (for dumb lights) yet. I’d like my auxiliary hue light to come on and maybe change scenes depending on how many times I pressed “on”

Id like the same for, “if turned on from wall, dont turn off”