Lutron QSX and Radio RA3

Yeah I’m working off danaues’s ra3 branch to get QSX working as well.

2 Likes

Looks like this has come a very long way. Thank you to all the talented devs.

I am looking at upgrading my RA2 controller to RA3. Any feature gaps between the Lutron integration with RA2 and the Lutron Caseta integration using a RA3 controller?

Thank you

Hello, just wanted to share my recent experience with getting the QSX processor integrated. I was reading through this discussion as well as many others, and things were not looking promising. I did originally try leveraging the HomeKit integration, but only a single “identify processor” entity appeared. However, switching HomeKit connection over to an iPhone, configuring it via the Lutron app on the iPhone, and then switching it back did the trick. All of my lights and shades are now controllable, and external updates are reflected instantly. Though keypads are not available (I think I will live without that).

Here’s a summary of the steps that I took (from memory; I’m too afraid to try to reproduce them and risk breaking the integration):

1. Add processor as a bridge to Apple’s Home app by scanning code on processor
  2. Open Lutron app and add every device (this was quite time consuming)
  3. Confirmed devices worked via Home app
  4. Removed Lutron bridge from Home app
  5. Add processor as discovered HomeKit integration in Home Assistant by typing code on processor
  6. The selected devices from previous HomeKit configuration on the iPhone appeared to have been persisted and now appear as entities in Home Assistant

Hello,

I am a home owner using HomeWorks QSX with Palladiom keypads and the Lutron Caseta integration works well. I have noticed that scenes configured in the Lutron app are not getting populated in the Apple Home app which is a bit unfortunate. Is this a limitation of the current Lutron Caseta integration version?

Can you clarify what you’re doing/the expected behavior?

I suspect this is a limitation of what’s exposed in LEAP. Without any public documentation, it’s tough to figure out what you can learn from the processor.

My approach is to use homeowner keypads with area scenes applied to the buttons, then I do virtual button presses from Home Assistant to trigger those.

It would be nice if we could manually add devices/entities and specify the href from the integration report in Lutron Designer.