MagicSwitchBot

Hey all,

Im new here, and new to HA. Been figuring things out and getting lot of things connected to my new HA install. But one of the items ive purchased from Aliexpress, i dont seem to have any luck finding any documentation or examples to get it connected.

The item it self is called MagicSwitchBot, its essentially a cheap button presser, very similar to the switch bot’s button presser. It runs off bluetooth and has a mobile app called MagicSwitchBot. The app it self is pretty useless, besides having a button to turn the device on and off. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002065593548.html

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any idea how one would go about setting something like this up with HA? Is it even possible?

I added this devices mac address using switchbot’s configs (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/switchbot/), but no luck. I know, its not the same device/brand, but thought id try haha.

Any suggestions/advice would be awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi!
In this jedom threat it has been discussed how the bluetooth comms is going.

Just a question regarding the item, could the switch works as button pusher (for example pushing for 5 seconds) ?
Thanks!

I am also interested in this powerful and cheap integration. I am using magicswitchbot to activate a manual remote control of a Samsung A/C with ducts which has no way of remote control, no IR, no wifi. Samsung solution costs a lot of money. Witch this magicswithbot I can activate from app android with bluetooth.

If any one knew how to integrate in home assistant it would be amazing.

Thanks

Has anyone figured it out?

I’ve just received a magicswitchbot, so far nothing useful so far, wonder if it’s possible to flash it with switch bot firmware?

I had the same problem. Even I bought the “SwitchBot Hub mini” to try pair both devices (for use far by internet) without success

Could anyone solve the problem?

Thanks!

I have a pair of MagicSwitchBots and they are working fine from its Android App, but like you, I’d wish to control then directly from Home Assistant.

So: stay tuned, I’ve grabbed some documentation and I will try to publish some information and even maybe a Python library in the next weeks…

It would be great! I have one of this cheap device and I’d like to ingrate it in ha. I’ll stay tuned to your posts. Thanks for your investigation.

Well, so I definitely have something to show about this.
Some days ago I got in contact with the manufacturer and they sent me an internal documentation of the BLE protocol used by their devices, so I have developed a preliminary Python library and in the following days I’ll develop at least a custom component for Home Assistant.

The library is published today at GitHub and PyPi and you can read the documentation here:

1 Like

Great news. It sounds very well. I’ll be patient waiting for the custom component for HA. Good job ec-blaster! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Nice documentation.

Legend, much appreciated, I look forward to the tinkering adventure that’s soon to come :slight_smile:

Thank you for your work @ec-blaster. I’ve just ordered a magicswitchbot, so if you need help testing it with HA just let me know.

Hello there.

I have a working version of my component. I started a new topic in the development section, as this is a new integration:

New version v1.1.0 of the component in pre-release mode.
It should appear in HACS as beta if you enable it.

It should work with HA 2022.8.1 and later.
Now the component is using the standard bluetooth integration.

1 Like

New version v1.1.1 of the component was released.

It works with HA 2022.9.1 and later.
The component also works (as reported here) via ESPHOME bluetooth proxy.

1 Like