Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Yep, known issue.

For me removing the items added by https://github.com/moralmunky/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages/commit/84fc5dafdc8bf56a4059fe006284d6ca33d5f962 fixed the problem.

Sorry I didnā€™t realize I could check for known issues, I will just role back for now and monitor the issue while I try to get it to actually see the emails. Thanks for the quick response!

Just wanted to follow up and say that I rolled back and got it to detect my USPS letter form today so I think it is working. I will say that during the UI integration config I only half typed in the path for where the images would be stored so I canā€™t imagine it being correct. Is it possible it is working despite that being wrong, I donā€™t seem to be getting any errors in my log so I am hesitant to mess with it.

A new version of the custom card from the older version is now in itā€™s own repository and ready for testing.

Have you checked your file system to see where the mail_today.gif is being saved? Was there an error that prevented you from filling in the full path you desired the image to be saved?

Iā€™ve installed via HACS,restarted Home Assistant, when I try to add the intergration I get a rotating ā€œthinkingā€ icon and nothing else.

Running .105.5 on Hass.io on Pi 2

Version 0.1.2 Released - Scipi revert

• Removed image resizing (for now)
  • Added GIF image rotation as a configurable option this will require removal and re-adding of the integration to configure. (Default 5 seconds)
  • Sensors now populate entities correctly in the integration menu and entities registry
  • Some formatting fixes
  • Fixes #39

@kelty76
This should fix issues with installing on HassIO installs, the hang up was it attempting to install scipy and failing.

No there wasnā€™t an error it was my mistake. I think my problem is not understanding the fail paths fully for UnRaid. Although looking in the custom components folder I do not see a mail_today.gif inside the mail_and_packages folder. Should I be or is that because I am not pointing it to the right spot to save it?

It should be in <config directory>/www/mail_and_packages

Okay I do not have a mail_and_packages folder there. I am guessing it is because I am entering the wrong path during the integration setup because I am getting errors saying no such file exists. I will keep trying thanks for the help so far.

You can remove/re-add the integration to reconfigure it.
Still working on the ability to make those changes without having to remove/re-add.

Yup thatā€™s what I did. I managed to get rid of the errors so I think I got it pointed at the correct folder but it is not creating any mail_today.gifs so I am must still have something screwed up.

Is there an existing file called ā€œmail_today.gifā€ in the path you specified? May need to create it as sometimes Iā€™ve had permissions issues when an integration is trying to create a file as opposed to updating it.

On top of @fuzzymistbornā€™s suggestion you can try the steps from this post to see what if any errors are occurring.

It is definitely a permissions issue with UnRaid/Docker. When I access the share it wont let me edit the custom_components/mail_and_packages folder to create a mail_today.gif so I think that is the problem. I am going to keep playing with it but I wanted to post here incase anyone else encounters the same thing. Other then the image the sensors are all working fine.

1 Like

Posted 0.1.3-b0:

• Add ability to reconfigure integration without having to remove and re-add (#53)
  • Added additional error catching to various server calls (#50)

Itā€™s posted as a beta.
To show betas click the ā€œ3 dotsā€:

Click Show Beta

Are those screenshots what HACS looks like?

Yes sir it is

Thanks for this, but is there any chance we can get a list of the items in the packages?

That information isnā€™t in the emails provided by FedEx/USPS/UPS so very very unlikely.