Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

I thought so too, both with exact same subject. First one received at 5:30 this morning and states “Hello, USPS expects to deliver your package on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 between 12:45pm and 4:45pm.”

The second one was received at 8:32 this morning and states “Hello, Your item is out for delivery on March 18, 2020 at 7:10 am in City, State Zip. USPS expects to deliver your package today between 12:45pm and 4:45pm.”

Cool. Will do so. Thanks!

Ah the “Out for delivery” that I get and it doubles the count, still working on that.

I installed the latest version through HACS and can’t get the amazon sensor to show up. Anything special required?

It’s in a beta version 0.1.3-b4, did you turn the “Show betas” option on in HACS?

Check this post on how to enable betas.

I uninstalled, reinstalled the beta twice and after the second reinstall it worked. Thanks!

Right, that’s due to it downloading and installing dependencies. Takes a few minutes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on the latest beta version and all of my sensors show up as unavailable with this error in the logs

Error while setting up mail_and_packages platform for sensor

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 179, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/config/custom_components/mail_and_packages/sensor.py", line 60, in async_setup_entry
    CONF_SCAN_INTERVAL: entry.data[CONF_SCAN_INTERVAL]
KeyError: 'scan_interval'

The previous update just made the Amazon sensor unavailable but now they all are.

I think i have some old sensors, which are making some entities of the integration have _2 in the sensor name. I think this is messing up the lovelace card. I don’t have anything in my configuration.yaml.

The gui will not let me delete any of old “sensor” entities (box is greyed out). Any ideas? I manually edited the lovelace card for now

I am now running the latest beta, but had the issue on the latest stable release as well.

go into the integration and configure the card. The new scan interval needs to be set. I’ve added those instructions to the beta releases text for others.

2 Likes

If they are left over from an older version you may have to remove them manually. These are not official instructions and may be the wrong way to accomplish this.

BACK UP HASS

1. Make a backup of your hass installation
  2. remove the mail and packages integration
  3. open .storage/core.entity_registery
  4. search for the stuck entities and remove their entry
  5. restart
  6. add mail and packages integration

That did the trick, thank you

Thanks. Turns out the issue was I still had the old-old version in my packages directory. Oops.

So with the changes to the UI I am having trouble getting the mail card to show up. I think it has something to do with moving the resources stuff that is in my raw config but I am not sure where/how it needs to be moved. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

You need to add the Preloader custom card as well due to changes in 107. See https://github.com/gadgetchnnel/lovelace-card-preloader

@Anemoi

The official announcement for 0.107 states that if you were storing your resources manually in a Lovelace YAML file they now need to be moved to the lovelace: section in configuration.yaml. If you were managing Lovelace through the front end (configure UI > Raw Configuration editor) they would be moved automatically to the Lovelace front end configurator (Configuration > Lovelace Dashboards > Resources). I you do not see the resources listed there for the mail and packages custom card please add them in the Configuration > Lovelace Dashboards > Resources configuration area.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.46.30 PM

@fuzzymistborn, The mail and packages custom card continues to function in .107 without any additional modification or added cards. I’m not sure which cards need support from the preloader card you mention.

Thought he might be referring to one of the options on the github, not the lovelace card my mistake.

Is there anyway to use the “All Mail” folder in gmail? The reason I ask is I have emails received into a few different folders and they don’t show up in my “Inbox”. All mail does show up in the “All Mail” folder. It is an option in the drop down list, but I don’t seem to get any sensors to show up like I would if I use a different folder.

Any help would be appropriated and I am loving how this project is moving along!

Technically it should work. Make sure you’re using the latest beta version as well that has the folders enclosed with " "s ie: “All Mail”

thanks for adding amazon.
Im getting this error now in lovlace “Custom element doesn’t exist: hui-picture-glance-card.”

From the information you provided, I can only inform you that neither the custom component or custom card for mail and packages provide a picture glance card. You may have been using a custom picture glance card in your installation that is no longer functioning due to the recent HA update. As suggested on GitHub we recommend using the built in home assistant picture glance card to display the camera component (if you have added it) set to live.

If you are using other custom cards in your installation please reach out to the developer that provided them.