Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

That is what i have in my conifg and still no dice =|

Is there a file in /config/www/mail_and_packages/ called mail_today.gif ?

Yes sir but its the default no mail gif image

Then the camera should be showing the “No Mail” image.

In your camera’s config:

- platform: mail_and_packages

If the issue was with imagemagick would I get at least one image of mail or none at all

I had to install with apk add --update imagemagick not sure as the instructions were different from my ha environment.

I have added that to see and its idle no images

is there a temp location it places the images before merging them?

Should go in /tmp

Not that I want to rush this, but with the UPS/USPS/Fedex sensors going away in 2 releases it would be nice if this was “done” by then.

The custom component works currently.

Right, but I thought there were still somethings you were finalizing/tweaking/still implementing.

Nope it’s ready for use, only thing I’m looking at is that new config flow stuff. Unless @moralmunky’s working on it already :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds good, looks like I can move over and stop the annoying UPS errors :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has been working pretty reliably for a while now. Any plans to move it into HACS so updates are more streamlined? Just curious.

1 Like

The component isn’t sophisticated enough to track items throughout their travel. It is only taking into account what is happening the current day.

Hey! I’ve been out of the loop for awhile. New job, new State, new home, and still on 0.95.4 :grimacing: Definitely haven’t done any new development and excited to see what you have brewing @firstof9.

USPS staredt a new advertising program and I’ve noticed that the email gif dimension is being built off their graphic and mail images are getting cropped, something new to look into.

I thought the “In Transit” field in the mail card was for packages that had shipped but weren’t yet scheduled for delivery today?

Edit… oh I think I got ya… cuz it’s only checking today’s email ?

You got it. Only the currents day email and specifically a count of the different subject lines that the services send for status. And within those, only the subject lines that that indicate a delivery should happen sometime that day.

Previously when the UPS stand alone component worked reliably, the in transit would reflect items as from UPS as soon as they showed up in their MyChoice system.

There would be a lot of work to scrape, store, and reliably update the tracking of each package from first notification. Not out of the possibility but more than I could figure out at this point :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve noticed I haven’t been getting images the past two days, just “no mail” but the email has images. Wondering if there’s something weird up, not seeing an error in the log.

1 Like

I still can’t get images to show up. Anybody have any ideas of what it could be? I’ve added the line to my cameras.yaml and I can see an image, but it just keeps saying “no mail” when I know there’s mail.

1 Like

Does the mail counter show something greater than 0?

1 Like

Yes, haven’t gotten an image in weeks now. “Todays_mail.gif” gets updated (at least the timestamp changes) but the image remains “no mail”