Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Looks like it’s the mp4 option, go ahead and check that. The use options to uncheck it.

FYI - I checked the browser inspector and saw the form submit was returning a “bad request” error. Inspecting the request I saw that a null was getting passed in for the “generate mp4” option. If I check that box, then the form submits.

I’ll see if the packages count is working as expected now.

Ha! Jinx! Buy me a coke. :slight_smile:

It’s working as expected now! Thank you so much.

Happy New Year.

1 Like

Getting the following on boot up running b24

Logger: custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers
Source: custom_components/mail_and_packages/helpers.py:265
Integration: Mail and Packages ([documentation](https://github.com/moralmunky/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages), [issues](https://github.com/moralmunky/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages/issues))
First occurred: 5:55:30 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:55:30 PM

Error searching emails: SEARCH command error: BAD [b'Could not parse command']

Hunting it down, doesn’t come up on my dev instance.

EDIT: I see the error, I’ll fix it in the morning. :slight_smile:

b25 should resolve that, the error didn’t break anything.

No, just spammed my log :wink:

1 Like

Love this feature!!! Thanks for making it happen.

My ‘deliveries’ (sensor.mail_packages_delivered) and ‘in transit’ (sensor.mail_packages_in_transit) amounts are always 0 even though the individual counts work for USPS, Amazon, FedEx, UPS and USPS mail.

Do I need to do something to make those accurate?

No they should be cumulative based on the sensors except the Amazon sensors.

I had the idea for this today and I’m so glad someone put it together. This is great, thank you for the hard work!

1 Like

So, the cumulative counters are not working for me. I have 3 in transit but the counter says 0.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Here’s the YAML for that card:
type: ‘custom:mail-and-packages-card’
name: Mail Summary
updated: sensor.mail_updated
details: true
image: false
deliveries_message: sensor.mail_deliveries_message
packages_delivered: sensor.mail_packages_delivered
packages_in_transit: sensor.mail_packages_in_transit
fedex_packages: sensor.mail_fedex_delivering
ups_packages: sensor.mail_ups_delivering
usps_packages: sensor.mail_usps_delivering
amazon_packages: sensor.mail_amazon_packages
usps_mail: sensor.mail_usps_mail
camera_entity: camera.mail_usps
gif: /config/www/mail_and_packages/mail_today.gif

Technically it’s 1 in transit.

What version of the integration are you using?

Release 0.2.2

Today is the first time since I have been using this component that I have a FedEx delivery scheduled. I received an email yesterday that a package is scheduled for Sunday and a second update today saying the schedule has been updated. Neither show in my lovelace card. Where do I check to see if I configured the FedEx part correctly?
I found my error. I had an old email address in the FedEx manager. It shows in my in box, but different than what I setup the component with. Hopefully fixed now.

1 Like

@bschatzow, also remember that it only reports what is in transit to deliver that same day in addition to what will be delivered that day. So the first email you speak of wouldn’t register anything because it is not belong delivered the same day, even if the email address was right.

Here is the list of emails that are processed by the integration when found.

After the latest update (0.2.3) mail, ups, fedex, and amazon show as unavailable.

No issue prior to test after getting it setup correctly.
Just did a restart and got this in my core log file"

2021-01-11 05:42:37 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Migration handler not found for entry smtp.gmail.com for mail_and_packages
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:386
First occurred: 5:42:37 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:42:37 AM

Nothing was changed on my end (that I am aware of). Going back to 0.3.0-b27 fixed the issue.

Keep an eye on the version numbers, the 0.2.x updates are the “stable/production” branch, while the 0.3.x updates are “beta/testing” branch.

If you’re using 0.3.x don’t update to the 0.2.x releases. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. So you can’t go from the beta back to the production?

Due to code changes and configuration adjustments, it’s not recommended, unless you remove the integration first and go through the configuration again.

1 Like