Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Your indentation is wrong.

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    custom_components.mail_and_packages: debug

I am still seeing the card becoming unavailable. I fix it by closing chrome, clearing cached, etc and later go back to that device and it becomes unavailable again. Also the picture of the mail shows no mail even though mail is coming and the pictures are in the email. Sometimes they display correctly and sometimes they don’t. I have uninstalled, reinstalled countless times and this does not seem to fix anything.

It seems the fix for the unavailable is clearing cookies, not cache. Not sure how to do this with the Mobile app. It also seems like this is needed a lot. No other card is having this issue (that I know of).

I updated to b13 after seeing UPS changed their emails.

I only received 1 email (pictured)

My sensor only shows 1 package

By the way love the link to UPS app.

However I actually have 3 packages out for delivery:

Anyway to get adjust this in a future update?

There’s a spot for tracking numbers in the sensor (it doesn’t show any though)?

Are there 3 tracking numbers in the email they sent or just 1?

Well I guess just 1 (the Amazon). So never mind, you can’t control that.

When I clicked the link it took me to the app with all three but there’s only 1 actually in the email.

Not sure why UPS didn’t send emails for the other two.

1 Like

I think I’ve started noticing similar behavior.

The single email even with multiple packages?

No, only one email though multiple packages out.

1 Like

I have been using this component for months and it has been working flawlessly. However, about two weeks ago it stopped working. Nothing has changed on my end. I can’t find anything on the logs besides this:

Logger: homeassistant.components.local_file.camera
Source: components/local_file/camera.py:83
Integration: local_file (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:46:11 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:48:23 AM

Could not read camera mail_usps image from file: /config/images/mail_and_packages/mail_today.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated

We have a wiki setup for troubleshooting.

I have spent several hours trying to debug this. I upgraded to the latest version this morning. Still not working. :frowning:

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.template
Source: helpers/template.py:1346
First occurred: 11:19:21 AM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:20:29 AM

Template variable error: ‘None’ has no attribute ‘last_changed’ when rendering ‘{{ ((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.sensor.mail_packages_in_transit.last_changed)) < 15 and states(‘sensor.mail_packages_in_transit’)|int > 0) }}’

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation
Source: components/automation/init.py:725
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:19:21 AM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:20:29 AM

Error evaluating condition in ‘Mail Notif - Mail Delieveries’: In ‘condition’: In ‘or’ (item 2 of 2): In ‘template’ condition: UndefinedError: ‘None’ has no attribute ‘last_changed’

Sounds like the sensor sensor.mail_packages_in_transit isn’t loaded.

I really appreciate your help.

I went and reinstalled the component. It can access the mail folder, however sensor.mail_usps_mail shows 0 pieces of mail when I am getting 2.

Enable debugging and post your Home Assistant log from mail and packages.

So for some reason my camera.mail_usps has turned to camera.mail_amazon_delivery_ca how do I get my USPS photo back that was pulling from my informed delivery emails?

There are 2 camera entities that get created.

According to my integration it’s showing 23 total entities, and only one of which is a camera(not usps). Any ideas?

Check your Home Assistant log for errors.

Why when I try to save changes to settings in this component do I get.

Invalid forwarding email address.

Seems to be by the [email protected] address.