Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Unless it’s coming today (unlikely) it won’t show up.

I an testing this on my tess HA install using gmail. Using the latest release, it did not show a UPS package coming today. I updated to 0.3.4-b13 ( I am running HA Container 2021.11.5) and still do not see the count.

How can I best troubleshoot this?

A good start would be to enable debugging so you can see what information is being parsed.

1 Like

Done & restarted HA.

I do not see you searching for my subject line. Most of mine are like this. I think you jus search for Today. I got this notice yesterday

UPS Update: Package Scheduled for Delivery Tomorrow

from [email protected]

EDIT: Here is the Amazon email info received 5 days ago (December 29) for the same package.

Your AmazonSmile order #[redacted] has shipped

from [email protected]

The integration only looks for today’s deliveries (Amazon is special).

We cover this in the how it works section in the wiki.

I suspect you do not look enough days back for the Amazon email to account for holidays.The log says you only looked back to December 31.

“When Amazon ships through an internal contractor they provide a shipping notification with the body text “will arrive:” about 2 or 3 days before they expect it to be delivered.”

Not when there are holidays interrupting shipping schedules.Here again is part of the raw email.This one was 5 days.

Reply-To: [email protected]
To:[redacted]@gmail.com
Message-ID: <[redacted]@email.amazonses.com>
Subject: Your AmazonSmile order #[redacted] has shipped
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_Part_14496608_1727028004.1640809113073"
X-AMAZON-MAIL-RELAY-TYPE: notification
Bounces-to: 202112292018333313294e47804f978e9c34fb4e30p0na@bounces.amazon.com
X-AMAZON-METADATA: [redacted]
X-Original-MessageID: <urn.rtn.msg.202112292018333313294e47804f978e9c34fb4e30p0na@1640809113073.rtn-svc-na-back-c42xl1a-fe2c8f84.us-east-1.amazon.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 20:18:33 +0000
Feedback-ID: 1.us-east-1.ZHcGJK6s+x+i9lRHKog4RW3tECwWIf1xzTYCZyUaiec=:AmazonSES
X-SES-Outgoing: 2021.12.29-54.240.13.153

------=_Part_14496608_1727028004.1640809113073
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

AmazonSmile Shipping Confirmation
https://smile.amazon.com?ie=UTF8&ref_=scr_home

Hi [redacted], your package will arrive:

Tuesday, January 4

Track your package:
https://smile.amazon.com/[redacted]

Interesting, I’ve never seen them space it out so far.

New Years right after Christmas? Happens every year :rofl:

Yes but they normally would send that email on the 1st or 2nd, it’s an automated email so no one has to push any buttons.

Dunno. It was ordered December 27.

I’ll work on getting the amount of days back for the Amazon check configurable (it was planned but overlooked). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve put in a PR for this, here’s the link so you can follow it:

0.3.4-b15 will allow you to configure how many days prior to look back for amazon emails now.

hopefully this is the correct place to ask…
Just enabled the integration this morning. Having some errors when I change the Amazon forwarded email addresses section from “” to “[email protected]

2022-01-05 09:56:40 ERROR (SyncWorker_24) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Error searching emails: SEARCH command error: BAD [b'Could not parse command']
2022-01-05 09:56:40 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.mail_and_packages] Error fetching Mail and Packages (imap.gmail.com) data: 'count'
2022-01-05 09:56:40 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.mail_and_packages] Error updating sensor data: 'count'
2022-01-05 09:56:50 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.mail_and_packages] Version 0.3.3-2 is starting, if you have any issues please report them here: http://github.com/moralmunky/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages

Wish there was a helper link to show examples of how this should be…
I have a group gmail address that 3 people in the household are forwarding their mail service emails to for this integration to pick them up.

UPDATE: Maybe I have this resolved now?.. Remove the Quotes around the email, also am trying multiple emails (also w/o double quotes)…
[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

"" is just to make it empty (limitation of the HA config flow UI)
Using a comma separated list is how you want to do it.

1 Like

Another question… can’t seem to locate this in the wiki.
What is the GIF Sensor toggle for? what would/should go here?

And is it possible to replace the icons with logos?

I don’t use the card myself, but from the wiki it looks like sensor.mail_image_url goes in that configuration box, or you can leave it off and just use the provided camera.

anyone know the location of the custom:mail-and-packages-card
this is where I might be able to modify for the icons