Make a custom card (iCloud3)

Its installed in : /config/custom_components/icloud3
The card file is in : /config/www/custom_cards …

I will also contact the author of this add-on… anyway thanks for your time and support !

Ok if that’s the location then the url is

/hacsfiles/icloud3-event-log-card.js

Edit: just read through the whole doc. The url is

/custom_components/icloud3/icloud3-event-log-card.js

I misinterpreted that text, stupid of me :innocent: … I have now copied it to the correct location and the resource file location is now at: /custom_components/icloud3/icloud3-event-log-card.js?v=1.000

The content of the card:

type: custom: icloud3-event-log-card
entity: sensor.icloud3_event_log

Displays the following error message:

Custom element doesn't exist: icloud3-event-log-card.
type: 'custom: icloud3-event-log-card'
entity: sensor.icloud3_event_log

So, still not working but yet a bit further

I’m even going to start all over again with a clean install on a VM. Hopefully it will go well and then I will let you know the result. Thanks for your help now!

Old topic, I had the same issues… i just followed the instructions found here made the /www/custom_cards folder copied the js card. the URL needed to be
“/local/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js?v=1.000” and it started working again.

location of the file doesn’t matter as long as your resources point to it properly.

good to know. I just couldn’t for the life of me get it to point to it properly. I still haven’t worked it out… many many questions. I may endup asking here… after i’ve had my proper attempt and figuring it out & googling.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

All you need to know is that

/config/www 

maps to

/local

So if your folder path is:

/config/www/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js

then the path you use in the resources should be

/local/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js

That much i’ve got… it’s the rest of icloud3 i’m working through.

This is great information. I’ve been using Home Assistant since about the beginning and missed this. This knowledge is critical to getting the iCloud3 event card to work and appreciate the questions and answers here that helped me figure it out.