Increase the width of the search bar on new history browser

I just updated to HA core 2022.7. I am particularly excited about using new history browser that lets you select entities/devices/areas you want to look at simultaneously. This is a great addition.

When searching for entities, I noticed that the search bar does not expand horizontally to show full name of the entity. Hovering over the listed entities doesn’t show the full name either.
So I have to select a few entities before I find the one I actually need.

In my case, entities for power monitoring switches have long names but just in general I think if the size of the search bar could extend horizontally based on the length of the entity name being displayed or just start with the size to fill the blank space to the right, it would make it more user friendly.

Thanks for this awesome tool and continuous improvements.

Regards,
Vaibhav

I’d like to add this:

Add an option to show ALL of the entities based upon the Recorder filter, if specified (like it worked previously).

Also, currently in the drop-down lists, EVERY entity is listed, including all the HA-generated entities, and (I think) even the ones the user has disabled in the UI, which don’t even HAVE any history if you’ve filtered via Recorder or History. Not effective.

3 Likes

There’s a separate feature request for that you can vote for:

2 Likes

if I could add to this selector in the search bar:

make it show only the available entities, like history-explorer-card does. Usecase: many people have filters installed on History/recorder, and the current search box still shows all excluded entities. In a config of over 3500 entities, with say 200 included, this makes for a pretty bad user experience…

3 Likes