Making a xiaomi PIR sensors a super sensor

Hi everyone,

That’s my video featured here. I took it down after a day as it doesn’t work as well as I’d hoped. :slightly_frowning_face:

While the rest_command and automation part is good - I’ve since found it only works for a short time. :flushed:

Sorry for the confusion

1 Like

That’s a real bummer… But what’s the issue then? Why should it not work more then a day?

No, I took the video down after a day LOL

The issue is that when you first start or pair a sensor it does in-fact re-trigger after 5-6 seconds but, then reverts back to 1 min after about 30 minutes… I didn’t test it for long enough.

So, unless there’s a way to re-pair the sensors (every 20-30 minutes) in software, I can’t see a ‘fix’ coming soon.

Ahhh, that’s why it only worked for me, my new motion was only triggered again after 60 seconds… Even when I put the state to off…

But I thinks the code is still an improvement, because I think the default timeout in deconz is 120 sec

But in your video you didn’t do a pairing process

Aww thanks… At least I did post something useful after-all - My API calling code LOL

Pairing was done off-camera, I didn’t realise it was necessary at the time :frowning:

In my next video, that’ll be up later today, I show how to use a SONOFF Basic to control an ordinary home light fitting, all while keeping the wall switch working as normal.

With your motion sensor and an automation (off an off timer) you’ll be able to use that for your bathroom light and still be able to turn off the light when you leave.

2 Likes

ok, thnx for the input

I have not seen the video, what is th TOKEN part?

thanks

The bearer token

so all we need would be a re-pairing automation?