Manual gas sensor consumption value

Hey,
I will try to see my gas consumption in the HA Energy messurment.
Because I have no sensor, I will create my own value where I update my gas consumption manual one time a month. Do you have any idea how to handle it?

My idea is to create an sensor with an integer value. This value I will update via the developertools.

Thanks for you help.

2 Likes

I personally do not have experience yet with the HA Energy integration, but for entering the consumption value you might be able to use the Input Number integration.

With it you can create a numeric input box on the front end that you can fill with your gas consumption value each month, and this value can then be used by any other HA application.

Usually, I take picture of my gas-meter every couple of weeks and some days later, I put the data into an Excel. I do have a pretty good overview on our consumption with this.
I tried to set up a “Input Number” as suggested from @thusassistint, but I am struggling to key in the values right away.

Question: is there a way to key in past data? lets say, I have a timestamp and a reading from that moment in time. How to I key in that data, so that it is not recorded “now”, but at the timestamp I want it to be?

I would also be interested in this, as my gas meter cannot be read, I would also like to create a manual meter and enter the new values via the dashboard.

There is a feature request for this: Manual input for electricity, gas and water consumption