Many 'Entity not available' on Lovelace dashboard

Newbie here.
On my default Lovelace dashboard, I have many ‘Entity not available’. Some of those are for an alarm system that is on the blink but there are also other entities that I know are working so some of these may be obsolete. I also have Dwains Dashboard and that looks fine, no orphan entities.
Please see screenshot.
Is there a way I could somehow refresh or tidy up my Lovelace dashboard?

Thanks in advance.

Settings → Devices & Services → Entities
Sort the list on the column named Status and then look through it.
Especially the ones with a red icon in that column.
Remove them, if they do not exist anymore.

Sometimes you will find entities with a new name because the old one is still occupied by an entity, but that entity is dead.
Remove the dead entity then and then click on the correct one and change the entity name to the name of the removed one.

Thank you for responding.
Problem 1 - I go to Settings > Devices & Services > Entities, many of the not available entities don’t show up there. This is after I click the Show Unavailable Entities filter.

Problem 2 - One of them (binary_sensor_.leif_s_s10_presence) is listed but when I try to delete, I select that one, click REMOVE SELECTED, I am presented with this:
I click Remove and the entity is still showing. This is after restarting HA following the deletion.

Any ideas or pointers?

Problem 1 can then be because you have taken control of the dashboard earlier, which will make a copy of the dashboard you saw at that point, but then it will not auto update anymore.
You can test this by clicking the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select edit dashboard.
If a box comes up about taking control, then click cancel and return here, because then something else is wrong.
If it just lets you edit the dashboard, then set to manual control of the layout and you can then remove them manually or reset the entire dashboard to automatic layout again.

Problem 2 is likely because the integration is still active. Sometimes this can be due still having the config lines in configuration.yaml, but it can also be an integration that is not removed.

Problem 1 looks to be what you suggested because I didn’t get any message about taking control. Does that mean that it is already set to manual control or do I have to set that? While in Edit mode, if I click on the 3 dots again, I get this message:

Problem 2 is for a sensor belonging to my old mobile phone which has been replaced. I have not removed that phone anywhere so I am guessing that I will need to look for that integration but I am pretty sure I would have seen it if it was there. And I am reasonably sure there is nothing in configuration.yaml for that phone. I will doublecheck though. Could it be anything else?

Thank you so much for responding, you are a star and I am so grateful.

UPDATE: The old mobile phone does not figure anywhere in any integration and there is no reference in configuration.yaml.

Either keep manually controlled dashboard and delete or correct the cards with faulty setup or revert to an automatic controlled dashboard.

I think the old mobile phone is just another left over on the manually controlled dashboard, so its all the same issue.

1 Like

Hi again,
I followed the steps to restore the auto-generated dashboard; raw configuration editor > Ctrl-a (select all) > Delete key.
Now I get:

Many other people seem to have the same problem and one of solutions was to look for devices with a trailing space. I have done so, nothing with a trailing space.

Hoping you can provide some good ideas or guidance.

Thanks

1 Like

Edit - As it turned out, I had some areas with the same names as the devices. I renamed the devices and everything is now sweet.