Many problems with the Alexa Media Player integration

I am having a difficult time getting the Alexa Media Player Integration working reliably. It started a month or two ago when it would ask me to reconfigure the integration several times per week. These reconfigurations worked, but they only lasted a day or two before the automations stopped working and service calls involving alexa_media_player entities threw errors.
I decided to remove the integration and add it back in. It was removed successfully but I have not been able to re-add it due to a nice variety of problems. After entering your Amazon credentials, the installation process takes you to an external website which appears to be the NabuCasa URL. This has failed many times including DNS lookup failures and host not responding errors. When it does successfully open that URL, I get an infinite loop of “not a robot checks” like this:

That is, I enter the characters and press “Continue Shopping” but it just generates another check with different letters. I can enter the letters again and again but it never advances past that page. The text there says to make sure cookies are enabled for the page and I have done that.

How do I get past this?

1 Like

I have the same problem. Impossible to do the integration

I successfully reconfigured the integration yesterday. Unfortunately, there was no breakthrough or determination of root cause. I just tried it over and over several times per day and, finally it worked.
I might note that i tried to reconfigure on my phone using the companion app and it always failed but with different failure modes which included 404 errors on the nabucasa URL.
I wish you the best of luck if you do what i did.

I can’t tell from your post, but have you tried the built-in 2FA method:

I did try that and it wound up asking me to confirm the code from the 2FA app. I had no idea what app was supposed to offer me that code. I could not find anything in the Alexa app on my Android phone or on Amazon’s website that would generate a 2FA code so I avoided that option.

Have you made that work?

I initially set up my Amazon account to use an authentication App like “Authy”. But you should be able to use the authentication app built into the Alexa Media Player (AMP) Integration. I have tried the built-in method the last couple of times the AMP asked me to relogin and have been successful thus far.

[EDIT]
I came across this post which points to a YouTube video on setting up 2FA on AMP

I haven’t been able to install this integration, now, does it need the Alexa website to work? because Amazon basicly closed that site and now only tells you to install the app on your phone

I was facing this same exact “infinite loop” issue during initial setup as well as when I deleted the Integration and reinstalled.
Found a way around that was to use the same URL they supplied for authentication and loading it in another browser and was able to successfully authenticate on first try.

1 Like

I can’t download Alexa media player also can’t configure tuya cloud and the weather app is not working either. To me seems like the cloud-dependent integrations are not working :weary::weary::weary: I even installed a fresh copy of the home assistant and couldn’t set up Tuya either and weather integration is not working either. :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

I got the internal 2FA working without problems. However, the integration still looses the amazon logon every 2 days or so, which requires me to log on again. Has anyone been able to find a solution how the integratoin stays logged on (semi-) permanently? Thanks a lot for help

Disabling IPv6 on HA all integrations will work fine.