Map values for an input_select?

Cross-link: Please find a similar example of a template sensor here

Best

It looks great! How do you install this?
:slight_smile:

It’s all in the post? Not sure what else you need? Did you give it a go already? If yes, what’s the result, let me know so we can help

1 Like

I have been getting into Home Assistant for 6 months now and I love it. I know my way pretty well, as a non-coder but with some technical background. Can’t seem to get where to start with ‘installing’ your great component. Does it need to be uploaded into custom components ? I am sorry, maybe I’m overlooking the obvious. I appreciate your help! Thanks

if your talking about the custom integration for Hue sensors, it isn’t mine but @robmarkcole 's, and yes, that needs to go into custom_components. It is under heavy development as we speak, so Yule got to be careful now…

my other files are in a package an can simply be added in the folder /config/packages after you have enabled package support in your configuration.yaml see: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/packages/

some time has passed since I wrote this package, so must check if all is still up to date with the latest breaking changes in HA. Thing is the interface bits in this package were written for HA States, and not for Lovelace. I can help you there, but first you might give the backend stuff a go, which is what you need to start with.

1 Like

Thanks. Haven’t gotten into packages yet. I will try this out, as soon as I have some time.
Would be awesome to get Hue accessories configuration integrated into HA core, using the interface from your package!

1 Like