Marking a topic as solved?

How do I indicate that I topic has a solution?

I have seen threads with one of the responses marked as the solution, but I can’t find the controls to do it myself.

1 Like

There’s a tick near the heart, reply button etc at the bottom - only the thread starter can click on it I believe

Thanks, but it’s not on my screen thought from what I can see:

Is it elsewhere, or do I perhaps need a certain forum level? Haven’t been posting much here for a while now.

For some reason it doesn’t appear in some threads, I haven’t spent any time looking for the pattern (if there is any), but if it’s there it’s in the line next to the heart.

Thanks for the responses. Digging a bit in the html for the forum one can see that the structure for each response includes these fields:

"trust_level": 2,
    "deleted_at": null,
    "user_deleted": false,
    "edit_reason": null,
    "can_view_edit_history": true,
    "wiki": false,
    "can_accept_answer": false,
    "can_unaccept_answer": false,
    "accepted_answer": false

Seeing this I guess that the right to accept an answer might be based on the trust level, but I haven’t checked any more than this. I was mostly curious to see if there was a hidden checkbox somewhere.

It is turned on per-forum by the admins - it isn’t consistently turned on fro all forums.

1 Like

Thanks, that explains it.

Now give me a solved check mark :grinning:

I would have but it doesn’t seem like it’s enabled in the “Uncategorized” section! :wink:

2 Likes