Master HA instance with multiple slaves

It’s the branch changes are merged to in git and it’s the latest and greatest from which releases are eventually made. It’s supposed to be possible to install from master from HACS, but I haven’t gotten that to work. You can always install it manually by downloading a copy from GitHub and put it under custom_components manually.

Ahhh, ok. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

I got some time to test this some more. No problems setting up a second zwave network, I removed some nodes from my master and added them to my slave without a prefix and they popped back into my master as if they were never gone. Pretty cool!

One thing though, it seems that double taps don’t work. I enabled the switch and zwave domains. The devices come up in my master zwave node management and I can add them to double-tap groups but none of them seem to function. Is there a way to get this to work? I know I could do it with a workaround of groups on the slave and some automation across the 2 instances, but it would be cool if I could get it to work natively.

I’m not sure what double taps means, is that a zwave thing?

Yes, its under zwave node management. It is a nice feature that can be used for many things. I mostly use it as a virtual 3-way switch without the need to run any wires. I program one switch so when I double tap it, it turns on or off another switch (or multiple). I think it does it directly through zwave. You can also use it to trigger automations within HA and then have it do anything you could think of.

It’s under node management in the zwave network management. Choose the node you want to be the master, then under “node group associations” you choose “double tap” then add the node(s) you want to control into that group.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 7.11.37 AM

Did you manage to resolve it as I’m also getting the service call error ?