Master & Slave Home Assistant

hello i have already a raspberry pi as my Master system , now i am try to setup a second raspberry pi as slave , i have install home assistant , and i have create a slave.py with the following code:

import homeassistant.remote as remote
import homeassistant.bootstrap as bootstrap

# Location of the Master API: host, password, port.
# Password and port are optional.
remote_api = remote.API("XXX.XXX.X.XXX", "XXXXXXXXXX", 8123)

# Initialize slave
hass = remote.HomeAssistant(remote_api)

# To add an interface to the slave on localhost:8123
bootstrap.setup_component(hass, 'frontend')

hass.start()
hass.block_till_stopped()

when i am try to run slave.py , i am getting this error:

Error during setup of component frontend

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 150, in _setup_component
    if not component.setup(hass, config):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/frontend/__init__.py", line 26, in setup
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/http.py", line 309, in register_static_path
    self.register_wsgi_app(url_root, Cling(path, headers=headers))
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'headers'

and when i am point in the browser the slave url i am getting this message:

Home Assistant had trouble
connecting to the server.

any ideas? where is the problem?

thanks!

I had similar problems and had to manually install several modules to get the client working. Below are the ones I installed.

sudo pip3 install cherrypy
sudo pip3 install static3
sudo pip3 install werkzeug

Once running I used information at https://community.home-assistant.io/t/master-slave-problems/184 to figure out my configuration file.

I’m not sure if this is going to be a real solution for me. So far if I stop the master HA it kills the slave HA so I’d have to always remember to restart the slave anytime the master restarts.

Is it possible to have the slave RPi just report a feed from its raspberry pi camera?

Im having the same problem with both my raspberry pi’s although i don’t have a solution for master and slave this might help with the setup of a secondary device as a raspberry pi security camera.

and this to help configure with home assistant.