Max retries exceeded with url:

Just saw a panel appear in ha indicating the following are invalid in my config
Ring
binary_sensor.ring
sensor.ring
nest
camera.onvif

The camera is working fine so not sure why, but for both Nest and Ring the following errors

2018-04-13 07:24:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component nest
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='developer-api.nest.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x720e5f10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again',))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/nest.py", line 134, in setup
    setup_nest(hass, nest, config)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/nest.py", line 99, in setup_nest
    hass.data[DATA_NEST] = NestDevice(hass, conf, nest)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/nest.py", line 166, in __init__
    self.local_structure = [s.name for s in nest.structures]
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nest/nest.py", line 1700, in structures
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nest/nest.py", line 1650, in _status
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nest/nest.py", line 1633, in _get
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nest/nest.py", line 1611, in _request
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='developer-api.nest.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x720e5f10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again',))

2018-04-13 07:23:48 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [ring_doorbell] Error!! HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.ring.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /clients_api/ring_devices?api_version=9&auth_token=XXCVFGTSDSDSDRmGsfQy (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x72bd9730>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,))
2018-04-13 07:23:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component ring
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Nothing has changed in config, is athere any reason these would just appear? I upgraded to Hassio 066.1 1 week ago and these just stated today

can you connect to the device outside home assistant? I got a similar error recently due to a power outage, turns out the power outage corrupted my devices config (not home assistant). I had to reset the device to factory and reload the config for it.

First thing I would check would be the device itself. If that works using SSH, then the problem lies in HA. If that doesn’t work, then the problem lies in the hardware itself.

Do you have any links for resources on how to do this? I am pretty sure that I’m going through the same thing right now, but I’m not sure how to reset the device and reload the config. TIA.

This error is a connection error. You need to verify that you can connect to your device that is causing the problems. As for directions on resetting the device, that depends on the device. That’s why there is no directions. The error above was caused by the guys Nest thermostat. My error was caused by a Unify config corruption. Two completely different devices that would have different steps in regards to resetting.

Oh, thank you for the response. I misunderstood your first response. I’m pretty sure my problem is with the rpi that HA is running on (or HA itself). I’m getting the same error and anything that has an api won’t connect (Ring, Nest, Ecobee, DarkSky, etc) but all local devices are fine. I’m also having trouble accessing the rpi through SAMBA. This is the third time in the last month this has happened.

Anyway, didn’t mean to make this a novel, just wanted to thank you for taking the time to reply.

I’m getting this too. Every URL (and therefore API)…

If it was the API, everyone using home assistant would be having this issue. Can your devices connect to other devices on your network? Is it just your system that cannot connect? You gotta narrow down what is causing your connection issues.

See some of these for some components. Found any solution?

Any news on this? I’m seeing this in my logs:-

Don’t think it’s either server, think it’s something to do with Hass or HA?

Error fetching data: &lt;PreparedRequest [GET]&gt; from https://doitonline.xx.xx.uk/BinsApi/EXOR/getWasteCollectionDatabyUprn?uprn=xx failed with HTTPSConnectionPool(host='xx.xx.xx.uk', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /BinsApi/EXOR/getWasteCollectionDatabyUprn?uprn=xx(Caused by NewConnectionError('&lt;urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x6ff00d10&gt;: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again',))

Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('&lt;telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x6ed29110&gt;: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again',)': /xx:xx-xx/getUpdates

Same issue here. Every API call regardless of sensor/etc seems to be throwing ‘Max retries exceeded with url’, so nothing will update. It seems like it might have something to do with SSL, but haven’t discovered more yet.

Example:

Fetching data from https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/feed/v1.0/summary/2.5_day.geojson failed with HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘earthquake.usgs.gov’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /earthquakes/feed/v1.0/summary/2.5_day.geojson (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x6cda0710>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’))

And another:

Unexpected error resolving code
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 159, in _new_conn
(self._dns_host, self.port), self.timeout, **extra_kw)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py”, line 57, in create_connection
for res in socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, socket.SOCK_STREAM):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/socket.py”, line 748, in getaddrinfo
for res in _socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, type, proto, flags):
socket.gaierror: [Errno -3] Try again

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 600, in urlopen
chunked=chunked)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 343, in _make_request
self._validate_conn(conn)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 839, in _validate_conn
conn.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 301, in connect
conn = self._new_conn()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 168, in _new_conn
self, “Failed to establish a new connection: %s” % e)
urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x6efb26b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 449, in send
timeout=timeout
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 638, in urlopen
_stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2])
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py”, line 398, in increment
raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.home.nest.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oauth2/access_token (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x6efb26b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’))

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/nest/config_flow.py”, line 105, in async_step_link
tokens = await flow’convert_code’
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/nest/local_auth.py”, line 39, in resolve_auth_code
await hass.async_add_job(auth.login)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nest/nest.py”, line 175, in login
response = post(ACCESS_TOKEN_URL, data=data, headers=headers)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 116, in post
return request(‘post’, url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 60, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 533, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 646, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 516, in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.home.nest.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oauth2/access_token (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x6efb26b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’))

Did you manage to solve this? I am getting the same errors over and over and checked network connectivity to target url and that is OK.

I’m having the same issue. For the past week just about every entity is offline, with communication errors that are taking too long.
Other than doing a HA upgrade, I don’t remember changing anything else on my network and server.

I get this 4 out of 5 restarts of the system, Any idea why??, how can I solve this. :S

have you solve the problem ?

So long ago I can’t remember. Sorry.