Media_player.template

Awesome, it’s working directly :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for that !
For the moment I’ve made some ugly implementations to have the player status on ( I copy the status of another player :smiley: I force it to “on”) but it’s working, including TTS !

Can I ask you some help again to implement the other functionalities ?
For now I have this :

    media_players:
      receiver:
        friendly_name: MrDiyReceiver
        device_class: receiver
        value_template: "on"
        play_media:
          service: mqtt.publish
          data:
            topic: "diy/play"
            payload: "{{media_id}}"
        turn_on:
          service: switch.turn_on
          # data_template:
          #   entity_id: switch.receiver_on
        turn_off:
          service: mqtt.publish
          data:
            topic: "diy/stop"
        volume_up:
          service: mqtt.publish
          data:
            topic: "diy/volume"
            payload: "+"
        volume_down:
          service: mqtt.publish
          data:
            topic: "diy/volume"
            payload: "-"
        set_volume:
          service: mqtt.publish
          data:
            topic: "diy/volume"
            payload: "{{volume}}"
        mute:
          service: mqtt.publish
          data:
            topic: "diy/volume"
            payload: "0"

Stop and play are working as it should :slight_smile:

  1. The volume set works fine (it is perfect with mini media player because you can fix boundaries). But HA doesn’t know the current volume of the player. Is this component able to listen a mqtt topic to get the current value of the player ?

  2. Do I have to create an input_boolean to get the status from MQTT ? My player send hist status like this :

topic : diy/LWT
payload : online

and also like this :

topic : diy/status
payload : idle / playing

May be I could get the status directly from MQTT without input_boolean ?