Merkury Light Bulb

Has anyone been able to get the Merkury A21 BW904 working with Tasmota-Basic?
Other than white light.

Did you try using the template?

Have tried loading the following Tasmota bins (1K) to the BK904.

sonoff-basic.bin

sonoff-classic.bin

sonoff.bin

None have Templates in Configuration

Would love to try templates. I know there is one for this bulb but stuck.

What am I missing.

Thanks

Templates are not (yet) supported in the production release. You have to use a development release, I’ve been running both the RGBW and the White only bulbs using 6.4.1.19 without issue for a few days.

One of the original questions was, what are the serial connections for this bulb? Clearly tuya-convert is the best option, but if you get a bad flash like I did on one, serial can usually recover it. I couldn’t find this info online and had to figure it out. This is for the white only version (BW-902), the RGBW (BW-904) uses a different board. Maybe this will help someone else.

1 Like

Check digiblurDIY’s post from a night or two ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYdczUfM4Eg.

My Merkury A21 light works in white and rgb with Home Assistant after flashing with Tuya-Convert. What was interesting after flashing is it was strobing between bright white and warm white. So I bet there is a bright white mode that can be “unlocked”.

Get them and flash them while you can. I bet Tuya patches these soon.

SinisterNerd

HI Zeric,
I used Tuya-convert for two BW-904 color bulbs but on a reflash (trying to get Templates) I bricked one. Have disassembled it and want to do what you did above. I posted the pics at
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/support-for-the-merkury-light-bulb/53456/46 with all the info I have now. Need to get bed.
No much luck yet on finding Tx and RX but wonder what you used to get it into program mode?
Thanks

better support for this LED chipset landed in ESPHome 1.14. Updated my gist. BEWARE that brightness in Home Assistant controls the RGBs and White Value controls the White brightness… if you have both values at 100% both sets of LEDS will run and overheat chip causing random restarts within 10min.

I’ve copied this over and have the bulb successfully turning on/off but color won’t change at all. Any tips?