Meross integration gone?

Hi all is the Meross integration gone with 2021.6? It’s not listed in the breaking changes but it was gone after upgrading so I reverted back to 2021.5.5

Its a custom integration, it will never be listed in breaking canges
It probably needs updating so that it meets the requirements of having version in its manifest file.
check there is no update or failing that add the version requirement to the manifest file yourself

this post should help with the latter. No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration 'environment_canada - Home Assistant OS - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Thank you, I’ll check the logs after upgrading. I appreciate you taking the time for a newbie :+1::smiley:

The newest version, (1.0.7) has a version number in the manifest file.
However, I’m still having an issue:
Like mikesn31, it seemed the integration had disappeared. After nothing else worked, I tried deleting the whole thing and installing it all over again. It installs in HACS as it should and I can see the meross_cloud folder with all the .py files in it. However, I can’t see it when I go to add an integration in the configuration tab. (There is no entry for Meross IOT and searching returns nothing.)
I’m likely missing something, but I don’t know what.

Yeah, I’m not even able to see it in HACS to be able to install it. Gone… Meross in search = Zero results

I can find it in HACS and get it installed. I just can’t follow through to the Home Assistant integrations. It doesn’t show up there after I install it in HACS.

they was a recent update to it in hacs (few hours ago, try updaing hacs and then check again,

see last few posts of this thread

missing manifest’s version number when installing via hacs · Issue #242 · albertogeniola/meross-homeassistant (github.com)

also check a post here about cleaning up before hand (2nd from last )
Meross integration stop working after update · Issue #241 · albertogeniola/meross-homeassistant (github.com)

I did the HACS update (which, as I said, added the version number in the manifest file) and it didn’t fix the issue.
I’ve been using the procedure in Meross integration stop working after update · Issue #241 · albertogeniola/meross-homeassistant · GitHub as well. Still no joy.
However, I just updated to core_2021.6.0 and that appears to have fixed my issue. The Meross IOT integration now shows up in the “add integration” list in Configuration (It was always there for me in HACS) and, after adding it, it allows me to enter userID and password. All is functional (for me) again.

The problem with the version being missing wouldn’t have been an issue prior to the 2021.6.0, it would have printed a warning only and loaded the integration,

AWESOME! thank you! I updated HACS then upgraded core and BAM! works perfect again.

1 Like