Mesh WiFi or not?

I don’t know, thinking of getting them and considering they are sort of popular mesh system - was wondering why nobody has mentioned them.

I guess as the OP I should chime in here and say that about two weeks ago I finally finished my upgrade.

I started with an Unifi UAP AC-LR which in itself was a massive improvement. If you’re on a budget and just want better Wi-Fi this or something similar is perfect. Then I added a Unifi USG and then a little later I decided to go the whole way and added a Unifi US-8-60W switch.

All in all I am really happy with the whole set up. I am using the built in VPN so have access to my network from outside with no security risk (assuming Ubiquiti keep on top of any vulnerabilities that may be found). HA even runs a little better with far fewer timeouts on devices. My HA error log is ridiculously short compared to how it used to be.

This isn’t the cheapest option but I’m very happy. And I think I have only just scratched the surface with what the Unifi stuff can do.

3 Likes