MG Motor Mg5 Electric Car Integration

For me a password with special characters was not working. Had to create one without special characters and then the integration worked.

1 Like

Champion, I changed the password and I can login.

Anyone able to explain step by step to us newbies how to set this up?

I did a thing… my car is connected

2 Likes

care to share?! :slight_smile:

Would also appreciate a step by step guide if anyone have it :wink:
Also do I understand correctly as you only can have one user the car app would be logged out all the time or vice versa ? Can’t be two active. ?

What did you have to do to get it working?

I’ll try. I dont know how to do that…
How can I add images and so?

copy and paste them directly into the message box. The website should take care of posting them.

Looking forward to seeing what you managed to achieve!

That used to be annoying but the latest versions of app and integration play together fairly well provided you only use the app occasionally. I can start my (Android) app without re-logging in each time, and the integration doesn’t get in the way.

I managed to install the integration. To succeed, you’ve got to do some things

1. Add a user
  2. Install the MQTT broker
  3. Install the MG integration
  4. Fill in your credentials

Add a user

Install MQTT broker

• Click Settings → Add-ons → Add-on store
  • Search for MQTT and select Musquitto broker and install
  • check start on boot, and if you like watchdog and auto update
  • Click Configuration
  • click the three dost and edit in YAML
  • Fill in the user and password of your broker user and safe it
  • Click Info and start

Add the SAIC iSmart add-on

You need this link:

https://github.com/SAIC-iSmart-API/saic-home-assistant-addon

• Click Settings → Add ons → Add-on store
  • Click the three dots in the right upper corner
  • Select Repositories
  • Fill in the link above and select Add, close the window
    I choose the SAIC MQTT gateway (Python), this one works for me.
  • Click your choise and select Install
  • Click Configuration
  • Fill in:
    MQTT_URI tcp://[ipadress where the broker is installed on]:1883
    MQTT_USER [step Add a user]
    MQTT_PASSWORD
    SAIC_USER [login email adress of your SAIC app on your phone]
    SAIC_PASSWORD [Password of your app]
    -Safe it
    The rest I did not fill in

• Return to Info and select Start

NEXT

- I restarted HA

Screenshot 2024-01-06 165332

• Select Submit

that should be it!

I tried the Java option ass well, ther it shows up under the Home Assistant Supervisor button
Screenshot 2024-01-06 170546
I have to find out how to work with it :no_mouth:

5 Likes

That is very cool and helpful. Thanks for taking the time to write it up for us. Will try tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

let me know :grinning:

It just works, and first time :slight_smile: so many nice statistics popping in. Thanks for sharing again.
Maybe a last question? is there something in the settings that should be changed. I read someone said that the 12v batteri could be getting too low because of polling. But if I understood it was not this gateway version. But I just want to be sure so I don’t risk draining the battery. Did you do anything special besides what you wrote and you didn’t see your battery having an issue. I also guess if you drive it each day, then it gets recharged but what would happen if it was standing still for a weekend or week. Just thinking,.

Now of to create a new dashboard for the car :slight_smile: excited.

Have a great evening.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the car looks after the 12v battery and charges it from the main battery when ever it gets low.

I also thought so, and maybe I’m wrong. But I think I read an article (will see if I can find it) where to my understanding the cars main battery and the 12V battery is not connected. So it’s not charged through the big battery. And even if the 12v battery does die you can’t even charge the main battery as the main system to charge the battery won’t boot up. In this article case they had to get a booster to charge the 12V before they could even charge their main battery. That’s why I asked if there was some depletion check as it’s a hassle if you drain it completely ( apparently ) :wink::man_shrugging:

Another question. I can see in the new MG iPhone app that they removed the possibility to preheat battery an hour before you drive. :man_facepalming: I at least can’t find it anymore. Is there a way to schedule it from within HA using this addon ? Can’t seem to find it. Also it would be great to schedule heating in the morning. But I guess that is just an automation.

I think it is the Gateway ineractive refresh period.

Screenshot 2024-01-08 223610

You can choose either periodic of forced refresh. And ofcourse off… but it is nice to have some refreshed data :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2024-01-08 223648

I am not sure about it. As I observed the 12V battery will be drained, if you start the car it complains about the low battery, but from the main accu the 12V will be loaded.

My MG4 has been parked at the panel beaters since late September, and will still be sitting there for at least a month while waiting for parts.
With this integration we’ll now know exactly what happens to the 12V battery over time with constant polling ( default settings ) without being driven :slight_smile:

Once I see a bit of a trend hopefully in a few days, I’ll post back.

BTW, when I parked the car at the panel beaters, SOC was 80%.
Now sitting at 77.6%. So while sitting without being used, it looks like SOC drops <1% per month.