Mi Box Android TV Remote "Error: authentication expired"

Hello friends,

I am getting repeated error from my MI Box saying “authentication expired for mi box”
Capture1

everytime the HA will discover the Mi Box as a new device
Capture4

then I had to reconfigure and pair the Mi Box as a new integration
Capture2

These steps I have to repeat it everytime (almost every week)
I am not sure why the Mi Box authentication expire

any clue ?

I am using this Box

I get the same thing for my 4 Nvidia shields, 2 TCL android tvs, 1 sony tv

I get the same thing with an offical Chromecast and multiple Onn devices. I’m assuming it’s a limitation with the devices themselves or Google… not the integration. Sucks to have to re-authenticate so frequently.

If it is a limitation, which I’m not sure it is, then the plugin should be able to delete the existing connection, pair it again and name it the same, as a workaround

I don’t think it’s a limitation on the devices themselves. I think it’s the integration. I get these constantly across many different types of devices but a simple reboot of home assistant and they re-authenticate just fine which means it’s not really expired because rebooting my home assistant shouldn’t fix that problem then.

I have 2 Nvidia Shields one pro one regular, both connected by erhernet and have a dhcp reservation. I never need to reauth. Same goes for my 2 Sony tv’ connected via wifi with a reservation.

My Chomecast that moves aeound is on wifi without a reservation requires a reauth all the time. I’ll make a reservation for it as a test, as the auth might be bound to the ip address.

Same issue here

The Authentication Error still pops up under the Android-TV integration.

There is another thread with the same issue
Authentication expired issues 2024.5 and beyond - HA Community

Haven’t investigated further. I have three of the newer Google TV (Chromecast with Google TV, fourth gen) units. All have been setup at the same time but only one of them pops up with the Authentication expired error in HA. Also there is another Sony TV with Android in the system but have never indicated any errors.

• Core 2024.7.4
  • Supervisor 2024.08.0
  • Operating System 12.4
  • Frontend 20240710.0