Midea branded AC’s with ESPhome (no cloud)

Ah…ok, understood.
I think I already mentioned it before, and i’ll say it again, wouldn’t it be better to start a new topic regarding Midea heatpumps with modbus??

@atg does your display board have a CN301 connection or an area for it?

I never was (am) able to use the integration you use, because my heatpump is from Airwell and the app in my region (eu / Netherlands) does not support heatpumps yet. Maybe with a bit of hacking fiddling I am able to get the WiFi part working, but it would be nicer if there was official support for it.

Having said that, the modbus protocol does not seem to have any register that can be used to control the setpoint. So I don’t think I am able to build in the climate component.

@Mosibi You should join on the midea devs channel on Telegram and talk to ReneKlootwijk (also dutch (as am I :grin:))

Register 3, Air Temperature Ts,

I think it is the target temperature that we modify in the controller. But for this to be the case, the control mode must be configured as ambient temperature and not as flow temperature. Register 0, bit 0.

There are really 2 modes of operation:

• Control by ambient temperature.
    Use the Ts sensor as the target temperature.(register 3)
    Use Ta as room temperature (set Room Thermostat off)
    Optionally, all 9 curves can be used.

• Control Temperature by water flow.

Ah cool, totally overlooked that one! Cool. So you have a sensor connected (Ta) that provides the room temperature and have the room thermometer disabled?

Could that also be the issue with the registers you are not able to read, since I see the following in the manual:

“When ROOM TEMP. is enabled, the target water flow temperature will be calculated from climate-related curves”

Which could be read as, when room temp is disabled, the climate related curves will not be used (and maybe also disabled)

The Ta sensor is in the controler. Yes the room thermometer is disable, for work with Ta thermometer.
and i use the curves.
I do the control with room temperature.
The room thermostat is deactivated, to use the controller’s internal thermometer (Ta). Because I have the controller in the living room.
And I’m using the curves. The 4 specifically.

Tomorrow I will try what you mentioned, putting the machine on impulse control or activating the room thermostat, to see if the registers are read correctly.

Aha! That makes it clear for me!The (remote) controller is not remote for me, my Heatpump has it built-in in the internal unit.

In that case I probably can try to include the climate component, although it won’t work in my case, but I do see values for those registers. Maybe upcoming weekend…

ok. Tomorrow I will comment on the issue of the 2 erroneous registers.

Update:
impossible to read the registers. I have changed to control by flow temperature, I have also changed to use of a room thermostat and the registers continue to appear incorrect.

I am playing with the BETTER THERMOSTAT out of hacs right now and it looks pretty promising so far…
Maybe that is an option for this

It is a good idea and perhaps you could also create impulse curves as a function of the outside temperature using the filter or lambda commands

Hi I have a Comfee AC mini split and it works great with the ESPHome component. But I do not get the power reading, it says 0 all the time, on the original dongle in the Midea app I had power readings, also in the Midea AC LAN integration I had a correct power reading. Any idea why that is?

My model is Comfee CSAFBU-12HRDNXD0-W COX133-12HFN8D0

Hi Jakob,
I have a Hyundai heat pump, Midea clone. Can you please help me with the software for this pump? I like how it looks. You promised to upload it to github, maybe you did, but I don’t know where to look. Thank you very much and good luck!!

Hi @Mosibi
Is your project related to the heat pump still current? I wanted to buy the v.3 controller, but I saw that it is not in stock. Can you tell me when it will be in stock? Thank you !!

Liviu

Hi,

The project is fully alive and you are welcome to place an order. Soon we will create stock, but for now we build the controller when an order is placed.

Tell me, could you beat this fee? It’s the same in my air conditioner. Is it possible to connect ESP8266 for it ?

I got the ESPHome adapter a little over a year ago (pre-assembled/flashed) for my MrCool unit. One thing I’ve noticed is the climate entity doesn’t have a hvac_action attribute to show if the unit is actively heating/cooling/idle/etc. Not sure if that’s just from an old firmware version or if support just doesn’t exist. Anyone know if there’s a way to get the active state of the unit?

soo. i finally got my dudanov stick assembled and i would like to ask if someone can tell me the usb port rx and tx locations, since i have to close 2 jumpers to make things happen…looked arund but havent seen it yet…

Note that the original port is NOT a standard USB port, it has 2 notches on the side,and has caused for many a bad connections, as it apears to be inserted correct, it is not; the pins don’t actually make contact. My model also has a header plug (which I use), others cut the side edges of USB connector in order to make it fit properly. And if all fails, just solder it :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: TX and RX depends a bit from which side you are looking; so if the log only shows TX, but no RX, try swapping them. You cannot damage the unit if they are swapped :wink:

1 Like