Migrate log and DB to NAS

Hello,

I’m running the latest release of HA in a docker, using the hassio image but I’m really not that keen on keeping the log and db on a flash drive. Sooner or later, the sd card will fail.

What I’m after is a comprehensible guide that shows me how to migrate the db and log elsewhere, preferably to my Synology NAS. Do you all know if such documentation exist? (or if some kind soul is willing to help)

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I simply used this command :
ln -s /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/home-assistant_v2.db /mnt/samba/pihole

Thanks francisp, does that create a symlink? So simply stop the services move the log and db and start it all up again?

That does indeed create a symlink.

Since some time ago my hassio SD died, i started with fresh install. Now I’m running hassio as VM on ESXi server and using MariaDB on Synology NAS (following tutorial @bungo63 at RPi Hassio + Synology NAS Maria DB For logging). My case was easier, since I already lost all my history db… Otherwise it works great and gives enormous performance boost. One watchout - it is only DB that is moved, not the log. I still keep log inside hassio VM, but since it is running on SSD datastore it is also very fast.