But now, don’t you have to remember where the individual sensors are created - are they now in the "templates.yaml’, “sensors.yaml/binary_sensors.yaml”?
Before all sensors were in sensors.yaml or binary_sensors.yaml. If I am looking for one of that type of sensor I know what section to look in whether it was a template sensor or not.
Now you can have both sensors and binary_sensors uinder the same templates.yaml. So now I have to remember if the sensor was created with a template or not in order to figure out what section to look in - templates.yaml or sensors.yaml.
If the goal was to add a trigger template sensor then it would have made more sense to just add the trigger template sensor under the existing template sensor config.
I don’t see how creating an entire new domain that mixes and matches other already existing domains under it was helpful from an organization standpoint.