MiniHass MKII UI Dashboard

@fredrikpersson92 Awsome theme! But i dont understant his part:

button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named "/config/ui_lovelace_minihass/templates/"

I have created the directories, but what do i have to put in /ui_lovelace_minihass/templates ? The custom_cards?

When restarting, i get:

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Integration error: button_card_templates - Integration ‘button_card_templates’ not found.

OK

I have got the same problem

exactly, that is where you put the cards :slight_smile:

@fredrikpersson92 Are you going to share youre own config? I would love to see that :slight_smile:

my config is ever evolving and quite different to what ESH shared on Youtube, so I don’t know to be honest. Not yet at least :stuck_out_tongue:
I would rather see people use the cards provided and did their own thing with them :slight_smile:

I posted this on Discord but did not get an answer so I am hoping Frederik can answer this.

As a person who knows very little about CSS. I found a dashboard which references var(–gradient-green). Which upon reading is apparently a variable (using F12 in the browser I can see it appears in styles=). My question is where are they defined and what is the best way of finding out what they are so I can leverage them just like the very well versed dashboard author.

I’m getting an undefined alias error for the silence portion of the custom_card_alarm’s dashboard.yaml (line 51).

Edit: I ended up commenting (#) out the ‘silence’ aliases in the example dashboard.yaml file in order to get the dashboard to load. This is short term until a fix can be figured out for why there is an alias error.

After much troubleshooting and actually getting the testing dashboard into YAML mode (Multiple Dashboards - Home Assistant), I think I have the folders and structure setup correctly in Studio Code Server. I currently have everything stacked under a “lovelace-minihass” folder that resides within /config/ and the dashboard yaml (testing.yaml) sits within that folder.

Should the testing.yaml dashboard file reside within that “lovelace-minihass” folder or should it just sit within the /config root folder like the configuration.yaml does? Also, considering that the “silence” alias is defined within the custom_card_security folder near the bottom, should that particular folder be higher up than the custom_card_alarm folder in the directory hierarchy?

I think I need to do more research on how that theme file is supposed to be used within YAML type dashboards.

hey, here is a link to my theme :slight_smile:

Hi there! Sorry but I had placed the cards in the wrong folder (security instead of alarm). Updated now on Github.

I hope the image below answers your other question :slight_smile:

That definitely makes more sense. Looks like the views are further broken down out of the dashboard YAML file. I’m still getting that alias error for *silence on lines 51 and 114. Does the letter case matter with name being capitalized in “custom_field_alarm_silence.yaml” compared to being lower case on those lines of the “dashboard.yaml” file?

Hello Fredrik
Oh I see, they are defined in a theme and then can be directly referenced using var. Brilliant.

No, the name is just…the name shown. “Silence”. Youm can write exactly what you wish there. “Mute” for example. Can you share what you have so I can take a look? Not sure why it does not work for you. Have you gone through the entities I am using and made your own? Not that the silence buttons is supposed to trigger a group of sensors. In my case, I have made dummy toggles for everything (input_boolen helpers).

Is there anyway to make your theme default only on clicking your dashboard? For eg. in minimalist yaml interface? I have managed to set default theme in GUI editor but prefer yaml.

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share. It looks like a wonderful dashboard! It would be awesome if you would consider sharing your own setup as well. I see a couple of things which I would love to check how you did it and possibly collaborate on it further.

not sure, but my card almost rely entire on my own additions to the theme, so what you could do is just copy the relevant lines into your own theme. I thinks it just the border-radius, box-shadow and card-background in some cases that would need to be fixed

I would love to see your approach on creating a heating card design to show a rooms current temperature and moving towards how you would change it

Fantastic thank you for sharing!
Looking forward to seeing the Irrigation Timer too :wink:

I keep getting

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Integration error: button_card_templates - Integration ‘button_card_templates’ not found.

I have done everything that was mentioned here…I am not sure what I am doing wrong…

Are you sure the resources are linked to the dashboard you are trying to use? Can you maybe share bits n pieces of your code?

I created a yaml based dashboard for this. Instead of the editable lovelace via UI

There is to many to share but I could maybe share some of my subfolders I created…