Minor issues with 1.0.4

I’ve noticed a few minor issues the latest version of the iOS app. As well as a few suggestions.

1. Components loaded/unloaded after app restart:

(restart app)

During the app restart, HA was online, and available. Finally, if I restart the app a third time, the components appear to be loaded (checked).

2. Action notifications below bottom bar (not sure what else to call them). When I toggle a switch, the toast style notification (at the bottom of the screen) is partially hidden by the bottom bar:

(the above is a screenshot of the notification, at full height)

3. Very minor, but a little odd. Nowhere in the app was I able to find the app version. If I go to setting -> about, the current app version is not listed. This would be helpful when troubleshooting issues to know what version you’re running (Instead of having to open up the app store, find the app, etc…)

Lastly, the documentation about the use of iBeacons is a little vague. I’ve managed to add my iBeacon info (UUID, major, minor) to my zone under customize, but the documentation is a little unclear about the use of “track_ios: false” with iBeacons.
I feel like there should be 2 sections (in the documentation), one for use with “track_ios: true”, without iBeacons; and another for “track_ios: false” with iBeacons. I’d be happy to help write this documentation if needed.

Finally, are there any plans to to allow tracking of non-zone iBeacons, aka an iBeacon in a car? Would be nice to finally ditch owntracks, and all the added infrastructure needed to support it (external mqtt server, etc). Or to display if the iBeacon is in range or not (similar to the red/blue icons in owntracks)?

Overall the iOS app is awesome! Keep up the good work @robbiet480! I’m still waiting for a donate button btw!

1 Like

Hello!

I’m trying to make the iBeacons thing work but I must be missing something. It’s true that the docs needs editing and I’m also willing to do it once I get this work, otherwise I might make some mistakes when writing it

If you have time, do you mind taking a look at this post of mine where I show everything I did but still can’t seem to make iBeacons work? Thanks!