Mirabella Door/WIndow Sensor flashing with ESPHome

Hey all,

I’ve got one of the Mirabella Genio Door/Window Sensors and was wondering if anyone had success with flashing the below config? If so, what is the response time for the state to update in HA? I’ve heard some people flashing them with other configs and then having a response time of up to 20 seconds which is not exactly useful for a door that can be opened and closed in that time. I’m currently using tasker in Android to intercept the tuyasmart notification to update HA.

The trouble with flashing these sorts of devices is that they usually have a second processor with power management code to prolong battery life.

There’s a similar device with the pros and cons outlined here:

Thanks, battery life wasn’t something I’d actually given any thought to. Interesting read, might be worth leaving it the way I have it currently and looking at the other devices. I’ve been looking at going the Zigbee2MQTT path.

If you want wifi I did a review of the pre-release Shelly Door Window sensor:

The battery life is looking promising. There may have been updates to address some of the hardware issues I mentioned.

The biggest downfall is the reaction time. If you want fast response zigbee would be the way to go.