Mirror GPIO input signal to another GPIO output

Is there a way to send a signal input to a GPIO out of another GPIO ??

I am doing some testing and a visual indication that I am receiving data would be handy.

Sure:

binary_sensor:
  - platform: gpio
    pin: D2
    name: "GPIO In"
    on_press:
      then:
        - output.turn_on: gpio_out
    on_release:
      then:
        - output.turn_off: gpio_out
output:
  - platform: gpio
    pin: D1
    id: gpio_out

You can also just wire an LED and current limiting resistor in parallel with the GPIO input.

Not quite what I was after, the input I want to monitor is an IR receiver using the remote_receiver: component.

I have used Cloudcutter to put ESPHome on a generic Tuya IR blaster but get no received signal in the logs.

I think I’ll breakout the CRO and see if I can work out if the IR part is OK.

It is what you asked for though:

Share your ESPHome config for the device. I do asimilar thing for my Projector RS232 remote: Serial Projector control with ESPHome

I haven’t got that far yet, just testing these things after getting ESPHome on them so the code is just the basic IR receive example.

I tried the code on the second one and it works with the remote about 50mm away from the receiver.

As a sanity check I loaded the same basic code onto one of the ESP-01M IR modules and it works fine.

So the problem is either the units are crap/faulty or there is an issue with the LibreTiny implementation of the remote receiver component.

I have ESP32C3-12 module so I will do a swap out of the Tuya CB3S and see if that makes any difference.

I think I got what I paid for at $7 ea :grinning: