Missing Settings from Card

I’m missing the settings cog from some of my devices, interestingly they seem to be the same ones I’m having an issue with this problem: GE Z-Wave Switch 14291 Not Turning On/Off from HA

Think you should brush up on your google foo, this issue has been posted many times in the past. Here is a link to a thread that contains the solution:

I’m running 0.81.1 not 0.67.0

So? What does that have to do with anything? The configuration is the same and the key points are the same.

refresh_value, delay, and polling intensity need to be set correctly:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0
  network_key: !secret zwave_network_key
  device_config:
    light.living_room_lights:
      refresh_value: true
      delay: 2
      polling_intensity: 1

Sorry petro, but the thread you link here has nothing to do with the question.

See the screenshots, there is a ‘cog’ missing on one light, which is available on the other. The answer in your link talks about not updating status in home assistant which is a different issue?

1 Like

Missed that. Somehow glossed over the word cog.

@Therealram try CTRL+F5 on the browser page. It clears the cache and reloads the page.

I have the same issue. I had the cog until I clicked it to rename a few devices, now it is gone. CTRL+F5 did not bring it back.

Have you restarted? It’s possible that the link to the entity_id has been severed when renaming. This would be a bug but restarting should fix it.

Make sure to not use capitals in the domain name field or it will cause these sorts of issues. For the friendly name it’s fine. Once you have used a capital for domain you loose the COG and need to manually edit the entity registry to sort it out (while HA is shut down).

Also make sure that for your porch light it is actually detected as the proper zwave device type and manufacturer.

You can view all this in the configuration/integration/zwave section that was added in 81.0 to see what HA has parsed and setup for you.

1 Like