Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud Integration

Any possibility of adding the humidity attribute generated from the wireless sensors?

Yeah… should be there:

My bad! Thanks for the response!

Has anyone had issues signing in? I’ve gone through both the UI and the config file, and I get invalid password every time. I’ve change my login and password to avoid special chars, etc, and nothing seems to help. However, I have hit the Kumo API manually and my password works just fine. So it appears to perhaps be something related to how HA stores the password?

Hi all, first off thanks to those who created this. I migrated over to this after the IFTTT announcement and this more functional, and much more reliable than the IFTTT/Kumo app combined function. I have a question though, does anybody use HA to replicate the low temp switchover to your homes primary heating system and how do you accomplish this? I.e. through the Kumo app, my split systems shut off at 25F outside temp, and turn on the heat via our Nest thermostats, and vice versa turn off the oil heat when above 25 and turns on the splits. The setting for this is in the installer settings in the Kumo app.

Also does anyone know a way to pull to HA the real time outdoor temp measurement from the outdoor sensor wired into the Kumo station (this is also visible in the installer settings on the Kumo app under ‘advanced’)?

While I haven’t done this yet, it is on my list to do. Basically you need to leverage an HA integration that gives you outdoor temperature (I’m using Dark Sky). In my case, I have a set of automations for each Kumo unit that turn heat/cool/off based on time, temp, etc. You would simply need to add outdoor temp as one off the conditions in such a case.

As far as the outdoor temp from the Kumo Station: it’s likely to be possible (we pull the temperature and humidity from separate indoor sensors now), but someone with a Kumo Station is going to have to figure it out. If you have an IP address (either from kumo_cache or through some other means) and some Python skills you could try to connect to the Kumo Station using the existing pykumo library and see what you get.

Thanks! Unfortunately I have 0 coding skills, I was surprised I managed to get HACS setup without issue. The Kumo Station is being picked up by the current integration. It shows as thermostat called “Kumo Station” which physically does nothing. The Kumo app does the same thing except if you click on it in the Kumo app it prompts you to let you know the Kumo Station is running properly. The actual readout for the outdoor temp isn’t shown there, for some reason Mitsubishi has it buried in the installer settings. I didn’t know that people could have Kumo without the station, so makes sense its not in the integration. I may manually shut this function down and use the weather forecast to duplicate the function like gregory suggested.

I just added 2 mitsubishi wireless sensors to my setup. I wonder if it’s possible to expose these sensors as devices and entities through this integration? Would make for some great automation capabilities to read all the remote sensors temp and/or humidity.

I tried adding another Kumo integration, but it only read the 2 thermostats. Presumably because it’s only looking for those, but my guess is the underlying APIs it’s accessing gives info for the sensors as well. I’m happy to run some tests it that helps, just need to know what you want me hit.

At least in my setup the sensors are tied to indoor units. The temperature reading replaces the unit’s reported ambient temperature and the humidity reading is exposed as a device attribute, which you can extract with a template sensor. Sensor battery level, too. See current_humidity and battery_level in the following:

hvac_modes: off, cool, dry, heat, fan_only, heat_cool
min_temp: 45
max_temp: 95
fan_modes: superQuiet, quiet, low, powerful, superPowerful, auto
swing_modes: horizontal, midhorizontal, midpoint, midvertical, vertical, auto, swing
current_temperature: 74
temperature: 63
target_temp_high: null
target_temp_low: null
current_humidity: 60.40625
fan_mode: auto
hvac_action: heating
swing_mode: auto
battery_level: 91
filter_dirty: false
defrost: false
friendly_name: Loft
supported_features: 43

Ah, you’re right! Thank you.

I wish it was separated though or an additional attribute so I could track the difference in readings between the mini split and the remote sensor

It would be nice if the unit still reported its own temperature reading when hooked up to a remote sensor, yes. But it doesn’t; there’s no spot for it in the returned JSON. The sensor’s temperature reading is present in the data returned, but its value also replaces the unit’s own reported temperature.

It looks like if there were up to 4 sensors on one indoor unit it would report them all, but:

• I’m not sure what the unit would do with that extra info (choose the one furthest from the setpoint? Average them?),
  • I’m sure there are more cost-effective ways of getting another reading, and
  • My pykumo library doesn’t support multiple sensors, always reporting on the first one.

Tons of trouble with this integration on hassos 4.14, home assistant 0.116.4

• Cannot find this integration in the Kumo store
  • Had to install from github.com/dlarick/hass-kumo despite note on the repo “As of January 2020, Kumo is available in the HACS default store, and I consider it feature-complete and stable.”
  • Credentials aren’t accepted in homeassistant kumo integration web interface even when using simple creds
  • When submitting API call manually to geo-c.kumocloud.com/login per the github integration, the only response ever received is “null%”

Any pointers on where to start?

Thanks

Dumb question: Does the KumoCloud app work on your phone?
As far as HACS: Press the big red “+” at the bottom right and search for mitsubishi or kumo. If they’re not showing up something is wrong with your HACS install.

Kumo app does work on phone.

The “+” is yellow on my install, probably because of dark mode? But no, pressing the “+” then typing “ku” only brings up Roku and Emulated Roku.

The only way I could get it to show up is by putting the repo above in custom_components/ dir in the shell. Once there, then it shows up when adding via “+” and typing “ku”.

If “+” brings up Roku and Emulated Roku (built-in integrations) you’re not on the HACS page.
Have you installed https://github.com/hacs/integration ?

No I have not! “add-on store” is not the same as “Home assistant community store”. I will install HACS and try again.

I changed Kumocloud password to something even more basic and was able to get the API test to work outside of HACS/kumo integration.

After that I setup installed Kumo integration via HACS twice before it would show up. Right now the climate entities it creates are not there but I will troubleshoot tomorrow.

Success! Thanks @parkercat

Ran into the same issue as others where the address was not populated in kumo_cache.json and thus no entities showed up. Once added, nothing happened, so I restarted ha core and again the json was populated without the address. Added the address again, set kumo_cache.json as 444, restarted ha core and then they now show up. Before any temp/mode changes would work in HA I switched perms back to 644 and now all appears to be good.

In using the Scheduler Component to try to automate my Mitsubishi mini split, I’m finding that it’s not turning on the mini split.

The author of that integration said this (source):

The schedule should to go triggered state once the timer is due. The thermostat should ofcourse change the temperature setpoint + the operation mode at this time.

In 9/10 cases the thermostat does change its setpoint but does not change the operation mode. So it will stay off. This is even the case for the generic thermostat .
The scheduler sets the hvac_mode when calling the set_temperature service, it is often ignored by integrations.

I can’t tell if this is something to do with this KumoJS integration or something else in the pipeline. Looking at the climate.py file on github, i can’t see why this would be due to this integration if you are just passing commands through.