Mitsubishi MELCLOUD integration with Home Assistant

I just did a google, and seems melcloud is supported on your unit, so it should work (melcloud wifi adapter also uses cn105)

Yes itĀ“s supported. So itĀ“s all about the cn105 connector?
So every sensor/function you can find in Melcloud you also will find in this one?
I hope my 2-zone kit is supported also? :slight_smile:

yes I have users with it for the regular a2w. but currently only allowing one operating mode for z1 and z2 (I will allow different eventually)

What do you mean with ā€œa2wā€?

If i run curve for zone 2, and room temp for zone 1 it will not work?

IĀ“m sorry I didnā€™t understand you correctly

air to water heatpumps.

Currently that is not supported (currently working on it).
But how does that work internally, z1 or z2 are dependent on each other.
I mean you cannot set z1 to do cooling and z2 to do heating. Is Z1 always restricting Z2 ? (if I select heating for Z1, can you select other operating modes on Z2 than heating?)

Of course, I mean heating mode on both zones. But with different supply temperature setpoints.
Zone 1 = auto adaptation through the wireless room sensor.
Zone 2 = outdoor temperature curve.
I think I misunderstood you again.

So z1 can totally be independent ? except for heating / cooling modes.
if I select a heating mode for z1, does it restrict settings for z2?
f I select a heating mode for z2, does it restrict settings for z1?
(need to know how to offer the selection menus on the esp)

Not completely independent. Zone 1 always determines the highest possible temperature (classic wall radiators).
Zone 2 can only have the same or lower temperature (underfloor heating).
Zone 2 has a shunt and can therefore mix down the temperature

thanks! then I know now how to restrict the controls

Sorry, I think itā€™s time to go to bed instead of sitting here with fever chills and not reading what you write properly.

z1 and z2 are completely independent and can have different control types (room, curve, fixed temp etc).
Both zones live lives of their own.
The zone with the highest current setpoint determines which temperature the heat pump delivers.

Example:
z1 (room sensor) turns off the heat upstairs because I have a fire in the fireplace.
z2 (curve) continues to heat the floor in the basement and listens only to the outdoor sensor and the heat pump only delivers what is required to maintain that temperature in the supply line

but then I can set Z1 cool flow, and Z2 heat flow. thatā€™s not logical :slight_smile: ?

You cannot heat and cool at the same time.
In cooling mode on a w2w, you only circulate brine in a completely separate circuit. The compressor does not run then.

so then we return to my question: how does the ftc controller restrict it ? :slight_smile: (not able to set Z1 cool and Z2 heating, or the other way around)

Iā€™m not entirely sure about your question unfortunately.

If I set Z1 to compensation curve, how/does the ftc controller prevents me from setting z2 to a cooling mode?

I just want to be able to see the current supply temperature and return temperature of the different zones. And preferably current setpoint.

You cannot select cool mode at all.
It is not so common to use cooling mode on geothermal heat pumps.
It is often managed completely separately by circulating the brine in a completely separate system alongside the heat pump

z1/z2 feed/return temp are supported.

Then I think thatā€™s pretty good enough for me. Iā€™ll try to test and see if everything works as I thought.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions :slight_smile:

@flaektrem I pushed a change that allows you to control Z2 independent of Z1. So zone kit fully supported now. Get latest from GitHub - gekkekoe/esphome-ecodan-hp: ESPHome Ecodan heatpump

Beautiful, thanks :slightly_smiling_face: