Mitsubishi MELCLOUD integration with Home Assistant

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 257, in _async_add_entity
if entity.unique_id is not None:
AttributeError: ‘MelCloudClimate’ object has no attribute ‘unique_id’

I think that is the issue. I dont know how to fix. Maybe @o0Zz can help? :slight_smile:

I opened case:

Also here (this was closed because this is still not officially supported):

Original post which was closed because this is not officialy supported:
home-assistant/home-assistant#21741

Home Assistant release with the issue:

melcloud

Last working Home Assistant release (if known):

Operating environment (Hass.io/Docker/Windows/etc.):
Hass.io

Component/platform:
melcloud.climate

Description of problem:
Before was working. Now is problem:

Problem-relevant configuration.yaml entries and (fill out even if it seems unimportant):

Traceback (if applicable):
/

Additional information:
Log Details (ERROR)
Thu Mar 07 2019 14:07:21 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 257, in _async_add_entity
if entity.unique_id is not None:

This is a custom component, this bug tracker is only for official components. Please raise the issue with the author of the component.

The issue likely is this line:
https://github.com/o0Zz/ha-melcloud/blob/master/custom_components/climate/melcloud.py#L68
The location of the ClimateDevice class has changed

PS. I’m using the new path of component (in 88.2 was working):
melcloud/climate.py

(before was climate/melcloud.py)

This is probably the problem:

Think I was able to solve the problem. Try my fork of this project. Delete the pycache folder if exist.

https://github.com/CookieMonster87/pymelcloud

2 Likes

So… after you delete this folder you make restart of HA?

OK, your code is working…
Now I have problem regarding warning…

warning

Configuration:
melcloud

Is there any quick solution to that?

Also, can you try to assign this component to become officially?

With the Dennis87 fork, its work in the last version of home assistant
Thanks Dennis87

Great its working again :slight_smile: Trying to fix the email/password warning this weekend.
My Python skills is very basic so don’t think I’m able to change it to be a official component yet.

3 Likes

Great… and thank you again for everything…

Thank you for the update, it helped me get rolling. I’m fairly well versed in Python, but very new to HA, and wanted to take a stab at improving this module.

For example, I want to expose the energy meter as a sensor component. The Daikin module looks like a good starting point, but first step would be to properly separate the API and HA code.

2 Likes

Yes the Daikin component should be a very good starting point. Maybe the Sensibo component also.
Maybe we can work together to make a official HA component? :slight_smile:

If you need any help in any other way then programing (python is not my native language / c# .net is) then just tell me… I’m also willing to help if somehow I can…

The energy meter would be really cool to get!

Would you be able to take a look at why if I add an Ecodan Heater to MELCloud, the component brakes? According to this post the control functions are slightly different from a regular A/C, so it would be a matter of adding those to the component. Thanks!

I think that firstly this component must become officially before adding other stuff / the main goal is to support climate…

I agree, the most important is making it official and supporting 0.87. I wish i could help, but i can’t really program to any reasonable degree.

The first thing that need to be done is abstracting the code for the api into a separate pypi package.

I’ve come a fair way of separating it. Having a busy week but will post changes this weekend I hope. Next will be to rewrite the HA specific parts.

1 Like

After updating to 89.2 I have problems with melcloud… Maybe something to my settings related, but anyway I’m publishing it so that you can find here…